starting Power 90 on tuesday!

Options
hi everyone!

i am starting power 90 on tuesday, and i was wondering if anyone else is starting too, already doing it, done it, whatever!

i am already relatively in shape, but i haven't been doing much strength training lately and want to get back into it. i also like a led workout, i can do free weights at the gym, but ilike having someone else tell me what to do!! anyway, i plan to do this as a lead-in to 90X in the new year.

any tips? anything useful i should know about the workout program?
i am afraid i will give up before the 90 days is up, so any tips especially related to keeping on track with it would be great.

can't wait to get started!!

Replies

• nehptune
    nehptune Posts: 138
    Options
    well, i've just done my before photos and my measurements. a day early i know, but tomorrow morning will be busy, so i thought i'd better do it today.

i was wondering if anyone else who is doing/has done this ever got bored just alternating the same 2 workouts for 4-6 weeks at a time?
  • nehptune
    Options
    bump
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm on day 24 of Power 90 and I love, love, love it! By the calendar, I've been doing it for one month (started 9/5), but I'm only counting the days that I workout. I use the calendar that came with the system and modify as needed. So far, I've managed to make it work for me. Not sure what Tony would say about how I'm doing it, :bigsmile: but it works for my busy schedule (work full-time and have two little kids).

As far as getting bored with the same two videos, I have managed to mix it up a bit. A few times in the last month, I've taken a Zumba class, so I replaced that for the Sweat 1/2 workout. Did you get the Fat Burner Express video, too? I've thrown that in every week or so for variety. That's a nice change every once in a while. After 10 days, I was able to increase my free weights from 5 to 8 lbs.

I just keep mixing things up to keep it from getting boring, and so that it works for my schedule. In a month, I've dropped a pound (finally broke the plateau!) and am feeling/looking very toned. I'm really happy with my progress so far. Hope you enjoy it too! Feel free to friend me if you want - we can keep each other motivated. There was another post on here called the "Power 90 check-in" or something like that. I read through that to familiarize myself with the program. That post seems to have died out, so I would love the motivation of checking in with someone. :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is great - I completed the first 90 days and am on day 117 . I took it a little further to extend it to my wedding. I also have the Master Series and that is what I am doing now. I have had great results. I loss my ten pounds goal and I am at my happy weight. But, my strength has improved so much...I have built a lot of muscle and I more tone than I have been in a long time. I highly recommend it. I only took one day off a week and usually did something light that day - like walking. There is a thread that kinda dies out and comes back to life. (You will see me there through my whole time) It may help you to read the post.

I post it for you!!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/76392-the-original-power-90-check-in

Here is the post!!! Contact me with any questions or add my as a friend!!!

Good luck!!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Lobster888 is my Power 90 hero!! :love: :love: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lobster888
    Options
    Thanks Kath712!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I start tonight, i really have no idea what it is, but my best friend is giving it to me...he also has insanity for me to try out...so i guess i'll keep you posted...unlike you i'm not in great shape, and frankly i'm scared poopless that i have to do with with a guy that's chiseled and ripped in all his places! but he's my best friend, what's the worst that could happen besides me dying of respiratory failure! wish me luck, i hope this doesn't destroy my motivation
  • nehptune
    Options
    I start tonight, i really have no idea what it is, but my best friend is giving it to me...he also has insanity for me to try out...so i guess i'll keep you posted...unlike you i'm not in great shape, and frankly i'm scared poopless that i have to do with with a guy that's chiseled and ripped in all his places! but he's my best friend, what's the worst that could happen besides me dying of respiratory failure! wish me luck, i hope this doesn't destroy my motivation

are you doing Power 90 or P90X?
    i'm a bit too chicken to do P90X just now, so I'm starting with Power 90, the less insane version! :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i didn't know there was a difference :( i'm doing p90x...and now i'm even more scared lol...it's ok, i'll just try my best...i'm still going to hit the gym tonight just in case i don't make it in the dvd's...i think we're going to start with insanity because "he" hasn't done it yet and wants to see what it's all about...so i may end up just sitting back and watching lol