Planking 30 day challenge

Options
Hi Just curious as I am about to start the 30 day plank challenge is there any opinions out there on the results? Did you manage to complete it? Did it make a difference to your core strength/toning? Could you see a difference after 30 days?:happy:

Replies

• maritamcvey
    Options
    I'd like to try it. Where did you find the plan?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    ME2!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I did it in March. When I started, 30 seconds was hard. I was able to stay with the challenge (barely) until 90 seconds. After that I could not proceed at the pace for the challenge, so I modified it. I added 15 seconds and did that for three days, then another 15 seconds, etc. By the end of the month I was able to do 3 minutes.

I've moved onto other challenges for April, but I am still incorporating planks into my regular strength training routine. So far I"m still on 3 minutes, but I plan to slowly increase.

I found the challenge to be rewarding.

I strongly recommend the Planks A Lot app for helping with timing. It chimes every 30 seconds and cheers when you reach the target time. This meant I did not have to focus on the timing device, which helped considerably.
  • caramm1
    caramm1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there's numerous information on the internet try this to start off http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-plank-challenge/#_

Oh well I'm going to give it a go I know its a lot harder than it looks :laugh:
  • caramm1
    Options
    I did it in March. When I started, 30 seconds was hard. I was able to stay with the challenge (barely) until 90 seconds. After that I could not proceed at the pace for the challenge, so I modified it. I added 15 seconds and did that for three days, then another 15 seconds, etc. By the end of the month I was able to do 3 minutes.

I've moved onto other challenges for April, but I am still incorporating planks into my regular strength training routine. So far I"m still on 3 minutes, but I plan to slowly increase.

I strongly recommend the Planks A Lot app for helping with timing. It chimes every 30 seconds and cheers when you reach the target time. This meant I did not have to focus on the timing device, which helped considerably.
  • caramm1
    Options
    Hi thanks for this going to try my best!!!! :laugh:

• ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

downloading the app now! thanks for the tip
  • GetFitSev
    Options
    wow that's some amazing plank, I can barely do 20 seconds at the moment!
  • j34lr
    j34lr Posts: 32
    Options
    bumping to save
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Downloaded app I am going to try this.