to whoever tried 1000 calories a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• mymildred
    mymildred Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aya, I use to work for a well known food magazine that covered traditional cultural foods. We did a few stories on arabic dishes and they're very tasty. They can also be healthy with some modifications. I suggest you cook your own food vs getting a delivery service. This way you know exactly what you're eating. Also, take advantage of the recipe builder on MFP. You can figure out your dish calories. I don't know what region you're from, but For example, if you make hummus, go easy on the oil and don't fry falafel. Think of alternatives to the butter and cream in most recipes, and always have yogurt on the side. Overall, cut down on the rice, breads, sweets and option for more of the legumes (I love lentils & Fava), vegetables (Okra stew, tabbouleh) and fruit. Also measure out your portions.

Get together with others from school and cook together. Also have fun with the dishes and test them on friends. Feed your brain the good stuff "Good Food and Good Company" and depression won't be an issue again.

I love cooking cultural dishes from everywhere, and occasionally i may have some convenience foods (Burgers, pizza, etc), but in most cases i make traditional foods from my country (Cuba). Not always the healthiest, i've modified my recipes to make healthier options. They remind me of home.

Tonight i'm making indian with my homemade chicken Tikka masala.