Introduction

shorton70
shorton70 Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
New to the site. I need to lose 60 lbs. I've started going to a hypnotherapist too. I want to get this weight off by the end of this year. I'm really out of touch with the calorie counting thing. First day I thought I ate pretty good and I ended up almost 1,000 calories over my goal. I'm having a tough time getting into the exercise thing too.

Replies

• shorton70
    shorton70 Posts: 2
    New to the site. I need to lose 60 lbs. I've started going to a hypnotherapist too. I want to get this weight off by the end of this year. I'm really out of touch with the calorie counting thing. First day I thought I ate pretty good and I ended up almost 1,000 calories over my goal. I'm having a tough time getting into the exercise thing too.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Stick around and you will do great!!! Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Welcome! It took me a little more than a week to be able to estimate my calories better. Also, I really worked on the calories thing before I started kicking up the exercise.

Every day is a new day! :flowerforyou:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome. Give it a little time and it will alll begin to fall into place. It helps me to remember that it is a process. Best wishes to you on your goals ! :flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    One thing I try to always do is log what I'm going to eat BEFORE I eat it. :noway: This helps me make better choices.

Wishing you the best cheers :drinker: .
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    I totally agree, until you adjust, definitely try to log your meals before eating them! It'll help you adjust your meals and serving size according to what will help you lose the weight you want to lose! Welcome, you've found a great site!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Welcome. I have almost as much to lose myself, and this site is helping me stay focused. The interaction between all the people, sharing their joys and goals, and their sad times too is, I think, the strength of this site; not to mention (ok, I'm mentioning them) all the great tools!
This discussion has been closed.