Just Made a profile!

Options
My name is Robyn and I'm 22yrs old. I'm trying to lose at least 50 lbs before my wedding on 11-6-11 but my ultimate goal is 120lbs. I could use some friends in this place so don't hesitate to add me or anything.

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

Thats an excellent goal to aim for. Set yourself some mini goals for along the way too. And get yourself a ticker up.

Is your wedding the 11th of June or 6th November. Im In England where the day is displayed first so sometimes make the mistake of thinking everyone does it this way

Cat
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    You can totally do it! I'm 20 and I only found this site in May of this year. Your goal sounds great and totally achievable, but keep in mind that the scale isn't necessarily everything. The best weight for you will be the weight at which you feel the most comfortable and that doesn't require you to go to extremes to get to.

Eat mindfully, eat locally and seasonally if you can, eat slowly and savor your food. Exercise for your mind and challenge yourself for you, not just because it will burn a certain number of calories. Thinking beyond calories and macronutrients is what really turned things around for me. Always keep in mind that it's a long and sometimes difficult process to get to being a healthier weight or more fit or whatnot. Kudos for making a lifestyle change!!

:)