Mock Wendy's frosty

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    I certainly didn't get 100 mg sodium. More like 1000. And most of it is from the pudding mix. Wtf?

I had plugged mine into the recipe area. Just checked and the sodium was 780 mg. 600 of it was from the Great Value sugar-free chocolate pudding mix. The original recipe was for a serving size of 2 portions, but mine is for 1 serving. I know it's pretty much empty calories, but far less caloric than the McD shake my husband consumed yesterday (820 calories)!!!!!!!! It was nice to break away from the strict diet foods and have an actual treat.

Oh, I agree. The sodium content won't deter me from trying this. I was just wondering how the OP got 100 mg.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    :drinker:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Introduction

Delicious, low-cal drink I found on a forum for moments when you want chocolate. I will be drinking this even after I reach my goal. It is that good.

Minutes to Prepare: 5
    Number of Servings: 2

Ingredients

1 CUP Nonfat (skim) milk
    2 TBSP Sugar-Free, Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Mix
    1 TSP Vanilla Extract
    1 TSP Unsweetened Cocoa
    1/2 TBSP Splenda (2-3 small packets) I used agave nectar here
    2 TBL Cool-Whip Free (optional)
    7 Ice Cubes

Tips

Top with whipped cream, if desired.

Directions

Place all in a blender that chops ice well. Blend until all is well mixed and all of the ice is chopped up. Mixture should be nice and thick. I like to pour the drink in a Starbucks cup or some other attractive-looking container!

This recipe makes almost 20 ounces, which I personally think is too much for one serving. I highly suggest dividing this recipe in half or share the full recipe version with someone special.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 2
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 65.6
    Total Fat: 0.4 g
    Cholesterol: 3.1 mg
    Sodium: 100.0 mg
    Total Carbs: 14.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
    Protein: 5.1 g

View full nutritional breakdown of Mock Wendy's Frosty calories by ingredient

If you wanted choc, why not just eat choc? Seems odd to cure the craving with a fake milkshake

Don't knock it till you try it. If not oh well...

Tried it, not very good. The distinct lack of fat in it is noticeable

Oh, so sorry you did not care for this. It was not my intention to proclaim it was just like the frosty but the definite trade off in calories is significant. I got this from a friend who lost 170 lbs and has achieved her weight loss goal. She used this to help her when she wanted something that was lower calories and easy to prepare.

Will she keep drinking this no-fat, no-sugar stuff now that she reached her goal?

To me....
    no fat and no sugar = what are we eating and why? :laugh:

So do you think it makes sense for her to go back to her old way of eating or using something that helped her. She is eating at about 2000-2200 calories now because of being very active and lifting. Yes, she does have fat and sugar but under control.

Have you not used something in your daily food that is a substitute for something that is full fat and/sugar?

In answer to the sentence that ended in a question mark:

No. I learned that fat is an essential nutrient and that sugar is just a carbohydrate, another nutrient. It seems counter-intuitive to think of sugar as a nutrient, but it actually is. Sucrose is lacking micronutrients (vitamins, etc) and is high in calories, so it should be used sparingly, but it shouldn't be avoided just to control body weight.

And TBH, I have a hard time believing that someone will avoid foods they like just to lose weight and then maintain that loss.

To answer the first sentence that is worded like a question: YES!! She should definitely *slowly* begin to add any foods she enjoys back into her diet or she risks failing at maintenance. (mho)

ETA: Also, it is hard for me to believe that someone is at 2000 calories a day and only eating protein and maybe veggies(?). If that's actually true, then she might want to have her kidneys checked. :flowerforyou:

Where did I state that she was eating mainly protein and veggies. I said that yes she had also started eating fats and sugar in moderation. I posted this because I thought this was a good substitute for a very high calorie food. Whether you try this or not I could care less, but I don't understand why you have to drive this into the ground. This was not my intention when I posted this is to get into a pi--ing match with you. Is it the fact that this has worked for other people who have lost a large amount of weight or is it you just want to have the last word. :flowerforyou:
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Definitely to try this weekend!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    why not have the frosty and eat less for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

I would much rather have talenti gelato then some made up milkshake…just saying...
  • Mygsds

I would much rather have talenti gelato then some made up milkshake…just saying...

Totally agree. I posted this in hopes of maybe helping someone . Just wanted to help those that maybe don't have access to talenti gelato.. I am one of these.. Just thought I was doing something helpful.. Never again..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

Totally agree. I posted this in hopes of maybe helping someone . Just wanted to help those that maybe don't have access to talenti gelato.. I am one of these.. Just thought I was doing something helpful.. Never again..

right, I forgot that there are people that do not have access to a corner store/grocer/etc that sells ice cream…..
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Yummy - love Frostys! I saw another recipe with just 3 ingredients - ?milk, cool whip & something chocolatey, but it didn't give the measurements.
  • Mygsds

right, I forgot that there are people that do not have access to a corner store/grocer/etc that sells ice cream…..

Why are we getting off post??? I was just trying to help.. Why do you feel you have to ALWAYS have to have the last word???just sayin....
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    I see so many people responding in different threads with phrases like - why not just have the real thing? Maybe some people just want something lower cal to help with a craving and if you like a substitute version, there is nothing wrong with that. Some things have very high calories but for such a small amount and are not filling, so people are looking for substitutes. I eat real junk food still, but I have tried recipes that are lower cal versions and enjoy them as well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I see so many people responding in different threads with phrases like - why not just have the real thing? Maybe some people just want something lower cal to help with a craving and if you like a substitute version, there is nothing wrong with that. Some things have very high calories but for such a small amount and are not filling, so people are looking for substitutes. I eat real junk food still, but I have tried recipes that are lower cal versions and enjoy them as well.

Agreed. Just because we could fit a 500 calorie snack in our diary doesn't mean we want to, when we could have something similar for much less!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    There are many different ways to fit things into one's calorie goals. Maybe someone wants a burger, and still be able to fit in a treat. I don't see the harm in that. Even though this is not something I would make.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Introduction

Delicious, low-cal drink I found on a forum for moments when you want chocolate. I will be drinking this even after I reach my goal. It is that good.

Minutes to Prepare: 5
    Number of Servings: 2

Ingredients

1 CUP Nonfat (skim) milk
    2 TBSP Sugar-Free, Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Mix
    1 TSP Vanilla Extract
    1 TSP Unsweetened Cocoa
    1/2 TBSP Splenda (2-3 small packets) I used agave nectar here
    2 TBL Cool-Whip Free (optional)
    7 Ice Cubes

Tips

Top with whipped cream, if desired.

Directions

Place all in a blender that chops ice well. Blend until all is well mixed and all of the ice is chopped up. Mixture should be nice and thick. I like to pour the drink in a Starbucks cup or some other attractive-looking container!

This recipe makes almost 20 ounces, which I personally think is too much for one serving. I highly suggest dividing this recipe in half or share the full recipe version with someone special.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 2
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 65.6
    Total Fat: 0.4 g
    Cholesterol: 3.1 mg
    Sodium: 100.0 mg
    Total Carbs: 14.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
    Protein: 5.1 g

View full nutritional breakdown of Mock Wendy's Frosty calories by ingredient

If you wanted choc, why not just eat choc? Seems odd to cure the craving with a fake milkshake

Don't knock it till you try it. If not oh well...

Tried it, not very good. The distinct lack of fat in it is noticeable

Oh, so sorry you did not care for this. It was not my intention to proclaim it was just like the frosty but the definite trade off in calories is significant. I got this from a friend who lost 170 lbs and has achieved her weight loss goal. She used this to help her when she wanted something that was lower calories and easy to prepare.

Will she keep drinking this no-fat, no-sugar stuff now that she reached her goal?

To me....
    no fat and no sugar = what are we eating and why? :laugh:

So do you think it makes sense for her to go back to her old way of eating or using something that helped her. She is eating at about 2000-2200 calories now because of being very active and lifting. Yes, she does have fat and sugar but under control.

Have you not used something in your daily food that is a substitute for something that is full fat and/sugar?

In answer to the sentence that ended in a question mark:

No. I learned that fat is an essential nutrient and that sugar is just a carbohydrate, another nutrient. It seems counter-intuitive to think of sugar as a nutrient, but it actually is. Sucrose is lacking micronutrients (vitamins, etc) and is high in calories, so it should be used sparingly, but it shouldn't be avoided just to control body weight.

And TBH, I have a hard time believing that someone will avoid foods they like just to lose weight and then maintain that loss.

To answer the first sentence that is worded like a question: YES!! She should definitely *slowly* begin to add any foods she enjoys back into her diet or she risks failing at maintenance. (mho)

ETA: Also, it is hard for me to believe that someone is at 2000 calories a day and only eating protein and maybe veggies(?). If that's actually true, then she might want to have her kidneys checked. :flowerforyou:

Where did I state that she was eating mainly protein and veggies. I said that yes she had also started eating fats and sugar in moderation. I posted this because I thought this was a good substitute for a very high calorie food. Whether you try this or not I could care less, but I don't understand why you have to drive this into the ground. This was not my intention when I posted this is to get into a pi--ing match with you. Is it the fact that this has worked for other people who have lost a large amount of weight or is it you just want to have the last word. :flowerforyou:

I don't understand why you perceive my posts as "driv[ing] this into the ground." I pointed out that fats are an essential nutrient, but an occasional non-fat treat is fine.

Please don't try to start a "pi--ing match" because I have lousy aim and would lose. :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Considering trying this with ricotta. Hmmm.

Edit: that was a win. Too bad I only had 1/3 cup left of it.
  • WendyTerry420

Also, some of can't afford that fancy stuff. I have to settle for store brand ice cream for $1.99/quart. :ohwell:
  • WendyTerry420
    Considering trying this with ricotta. Hmmm.

Edit: that was a win. Too bad I only had 1/3 cup left of it.

That sounds yummy!

I did end up making hot chocolate last night as a result of this thread:
    heavy cream
    2% milk
    water
    cocoa
    sugar

I can't remember the quantities. I just kept adding/mixing everything until it tasted right, then heated it up. It was chilly last night anyway, and we had a few marshmallows left.
  • jeastin123
    jeastin123 Posts: 4 Member
    I just made this and it's wonderful for a cold, low calorie dessert. It does taste a bit like pudding in a glass, but it is a nice treat. Thanks so much for the recipe!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    I actually really want to try this...sounds delicious!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    I've been making it and enjoying it, despite not getting the consistency quite right.

Tried it with 2T chocolate mix and tonite will try 2T banana pudding mix & banana extract, tomorrows incarnation will be 2T cheesecake pudding mix w/vanilla extract (need to go shopping to find cherry extract or such flavor). (actually I've been halving the recipe).
  • One2Run
    One2Run Posts: 63 Member
    In for the save.