This Is Going To Be Tough

Options
Well.... I do not want to be on pills anymore that make me feel sick, give me a headache and I am sure are causing damage internally. I am Diabetic, have high Cholesterol and High Blood Pressure. My brother in law has challenged me to help me get through this.

I am 275lbs and he has said if I lose 75 pounds by June 1 2011 he will pay for a trip him and I to Las Vegas....... Now there is incentive and man it is going to be tough but tomorrow October 4 2010 is my first official day of eating healthy and getting back into shape.

Wish me luck!!

Replies

• fathiya
    Options
    Good luck!!! You will definately do it, just put your mind to it...on your off days keep things in perspective and remember why you're doing this and who you're doing it for...and the trip is defo a bonus!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I started out at 365 lbs, and where you are now. Not saying it will do the same for you, but if you eat the right foods, and excerise daily, you can get off all of that.
  • louise9959
    Options
    Good Luck
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

MFP is a brilliant board, There is lots of encouragement and advice, my advice would be - send out some friend requests, encouragement helps greatly, set up your ticker and set yourself mini goals. Small steps are far more achievable than big leaps are

Good luck

Cat
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    Good Luck .. I know you will do it... It want be easy for you are any of us... But just think of that great trip if you do reach your goal...
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It is never easy, but well worth the effort. MFP is a really great tool to help you.
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We can do it together. Believe in yourself. I am starting to use the website everyday and it really helps. Keep me posted on how you are doing :smile:
  • adamollie
    Options
    you can do this. just be patient and really watch what you eat. good luck
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    You CAN do it! At first, the challenge is a bit overwhelming and difficult to get the hang of, but once you settle into it and find your groove, you will be amazed at really just how simple it is. Eat fewer calories comprised of healthier fare and move more. It really is just that simple!

I am a junk food junky and a lover of food of all sorts. I love to eat! Plain and simple! I am doing it and you can, too! There are lots of recipes and suggestions to help you along the way. Think of things you love to eat/cook and figure out how to make them healthier or portion them to fit into your calorie allotment.

This site is FULL of encouraging people to cheer you on. You can find friendship, motivation, support, whatever you need right here. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will be along shortly to help you find your answer. I, by no means, have it all figured out, but I have a good healthy start and am excited about both my progress and my future.

Welcome to MFP!