7 weeks, no significant weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You've mentioned that your goal is to drop body fat, are you using any tools to measure your progress? All I have seen you mention is scales. A new program or new to exercising people can often see muscle gains even on a deficit so scales wouldn't be a good indicator.

If you have been on 1800/2100 calories for a while, (even before you started tracking 7 weeks ago) it might be worth bumping them up to maintenance for a month, then proceeding with your goals.

Also remember to take into account liquids if you drink such as soda ect.

Body-fat calipers (although they can be fairly innacurate when you are at 25%+ bodyfat) and a tape measurerer. I have dropped a couple percent bodyfat by both measures so I think I am progressing. (Lost about 1.25-1.5 inches off my abdomen and can pinch less now on average).

I only started this diet 7 weeks ago and before that I was likely overeating but I get the idea of taking rest weeks and I'll keep that in mind.

I haven't drunk anything caloric with the exception of one juice on sunday which I logged.

Thanks for your help
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Your calorie deficit seems too aggressive for someone with as little to lose as you do. I know, your ticker has a 33 lb goal, but it's not going to take 33 lbs for you to be in healthy range for your height if you are not already, even if you do have a small frame. My suggestion would be to back off to 1/2 - 1 lb loss per week. The additional calories will help fuel your workouts and you'll probably see some increased strength gains while still burning fat. Seriously, you eat less than I do on some days, and I'm a 35 year old woman. That ain't right.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Stop doing cardio for a week, eating the same calorie count and see what happens.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments DH.

The burrito bowl was mostly chicken and spinach with black beans and quinoa for some texture, I'm not sure if you can look at the actual recipe or not. Lets say I was off and underestimating I doubt it was by all that much and that is just one meal. Most of my meals aren't prepared foods at all they are just single items like a chicken breast.

As for being underweight I strongly disagree with that. Although I fully admit 155 pounds at 6' tall sounds really low (I was skeptical of that myself when I was diet/exercising years ago ) it is what I get down to when I start to hit around 15% bodyfat. I'm very small framed, if I take my thumb and index finger to wrap around my wrist they overlap by a good amount. At 15% bodyfat I was lean but not 6-pack emaciated lean I still had full fat coverage on my stomach and a little bit of love-handle that is visible in that picture. Like I said that picture of my back on my profile is me at 155 pounds and I was not an unhealthy weight, look at the picture.