Clothing

Options
* not sure where I should post, sorry if it's in the wrong area.

I'm going on month 3 of weight loss soon and I have clothes to last me for awhile. Once I no longer fit those clothes however, I plan on endless thrift stores until I make my goal. It's easily a 100+ pound loss on my end when I make it, and also probably a year+ from now. I currently have a jar for my clothing fund going on and I have about $150 so far....

My question is, just how MUCH should I save for all the clothes?

I'll have to buy the cheapest stuff I can find in the meantime (also include that in the number please) but once I get to my goal I'll need new EVERYTHING. Shirts, bra's, pants, underwear, coats, pajamas, swim wear, dresses, formal wear, and work clothes - maybe more I'm not thinking of. Yikes! That'll be a pretty penny...

My guess is probably over $1,000 considering a decent bra alone is like 50 bucks. Thoughts?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to say. For a complete wardrobe swap I think $1,000 is a good starting point.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to say. For a complete wardrobe swap I think $1,000 is a good starting point.

when i switched jobs I started with 500 and did extremely well for myself building base pieces-I've added on another 500 + over the year- then dumped weight and had to start all over.

That being said- that was for a job switch and just for my job for work clothes- that's the biggest issue- I can get away with to big jeans- or living in fitness clothes outside of work- but at work I actually need stuff to fit- so I personally focused there- and built slowly the "outside work" wardrobe (out side is spend mostly at the gym or the dance studio- I rarely go out so it wasn't hard) LOL

500-1000 bare minimum

I also have found I keep two sets of things- medium/smalls- since I am purposefully fluxing weight- my clothes are divided into "bulk" and "cut" ... this year was the first year- and I'll do better next year- but I'll be spending more on clothes- have to re-vamp ye-old work attire- yet again.