Does eliminating soda really help with weight loss?

Options
My husband has challenged me to give up my diet coke for 30 days. I drink one 32oz refill mug a day. He swears I will lose weight by cutting this out of my daily routine...I on the other hand am not convinced ;) Anyone out there have any experience with this. Only on day two and I'm struggling!!!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    eliminating regular soda would as you would be cutting calories from your daily intake.. but diet soda.. no.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    eliminating regular soda would as you would be cutting calories from your daily intake.. but diet soda.. no.
    /thread
  • violetsalander
    Options
    If it's not diet it helps to eliminate- not sure about diet! Guess your just gonna have to find out :) Let us know if it works!!!
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was a big soda drinker too and I switched to diet. I have given up even diet soda and have been drinking water and coffee in its place. I used to have 1 cup of coffee a day and a 20oz bottle of soda.

I have been loosing weight steadily. I don't think it is just the diet soda I think it is a combo. I drink a lot more water. About a gallon a day. I weigh all my food because I got a food scale and I changed my workout routine. Weights 2x per week cardio 3.

Try it - I think he is right.
  • kendraj07
    kendraj07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to give it a try. I think it is harder to break the habit of just getting the drink, rather than actually drinking it!!! Thank you to those who gave their input. It is appreciated :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    My husband has challenged me to give up my diet coke for 30 days. I drink one 32oz refill mug a day. He swears I will lose weight by cutting this out of my daily routine...I on the other hand am not convinced ;) Anyone out there have any experience with this. Only on day two and I'm struggling!!!
    As diet coke has no calories (well less than 1 I think) why torture yourself. I normally have 1 or 2 cans of Pepsi max a day and as you can see it's not really effected my weightloss. Yes there's lots of very suspect science telling you stuff but in reality it's caffienated water with some bubbles. Why does your husband think cutting out something with next to zero calories will help you lose weight? That's just stupid