My name is Ron, and I don't want to be a porker any more!

Options
Hi all. I started using this site this past week through my phone, and am excited to be here.

I've always been a little on the heavy size, but I blew up after my divorce.

Last year I failed the body fat content for service members and went up and down between 225-240lbs all year.

This year I was checked and failed again.

I am now in danger of being put out of the military, and losing my career that I love.

After last year of up and down I realized that I needed a total lifestyle change.

That's why I am here.

I have until 31 DEC 2010 to lose 6% body fat. And shave my 2 mile run from 21 minutes to 17.48

My goal is to lose more than that by then. I have set my goal to go from 235 to 200lbs by 31 December.

I want to get healthy for my children, my wonderful fiance, myself and my career.

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

I think you've made the biggest step towards your goals, joining MFP!

The support here has been wonderful (i'm only 5 days joined) The calculation tools are the best i've found.

My advice, get a ticker up, send out friend requests (give encouragement and receive encouragement, it really does help) and set yourself mini goals.

Cat
  • deannarod
    Options
    I just started 5 days ago using the phone app also and It's great. I too have always been up and down, but gained the most weight after my divorce 3 years ago. We can do it!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have some good motivating factors to help you out and you are going to love MFP! Everyone is so supportive and it helps keep you honest with what you're eating! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend for support!