Still have 1000 calories left, HELP!

Options
I need stuff high in calories, carbs, fat and protein but low in sugar. Any suggestions. My diary should be open (do I have to complete today's entry for you to see it?) This is what my typical daily meals look like, and yes everything for today is completely accurate.

Replies

• amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Diary isn't open.
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open....try changing it in settings if you want to open it to the public
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    Sorry, opened it.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    What exercise did you do to burn 800+ cals, just out of interest?
  • tigres114
    Options
    only things high in fat will be calorie dense. 1 gram of carbs= 4 cal, 1 gram of protein= 4 cal, 1 gram of fat= 9 cal. peanut butter is a great source of good calories, as are other nuts. I really like cheese and sour cream. Also, theres nothing wrong with a bit of ice cream ;)
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    I did 30 minutes on a wind resistant stationary bike and a 50 minute kickboxing class (Jillian Michaels...man I hate her LOL)!
  • pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count on that 900-cal exercise "burn" -- seems really high. But if you really do need more calories I'd go for peanut butter or any kind of nuts.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes on a wind resistant stationary bike and a 50 minute kickboxing class (Jillian Michaels...man I hate her LOL)!

I highly doubt you burned that many calories..

what did you use to measure the burn? MFP database, HRM, body fit, etc?
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    pistachios, almonds, avocados, peanut butter, almond butter
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    The only problem with ice cream for me is sugar...well maybe I could try sugar free..hmmm.
  • wannehunter85
    Options
    I always eat snacks like hard boiled eggs. Sometimes just the whites and sometimes the whole egg. yummy and high in protein.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say this is a problem unless you're hungry - in which case just grab a snack :) like others have said I think 900cals is a bit overestimated but if it's not then good effort!
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    add some avocado to your dinner. I usually eat an orange and avocado salad. Just cut them into pieces and you have a really delicious salad.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    How did you determine your exercise cals? 893 cal burned seems really, really high for what you said you did. If you are correct though, eat 8 tablespoons of peanut butter. It will do the trick for sure.

And you seriously need to eat more throughout the day to make sure you dont have this issue in the future. Food is good for you, food fuels the body.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    The only problem with ice cream for me is sugar...well maybe I could try sugar free..hmmm.

If you eat 1000 calories of sugar free ice cream, I sure hope you don't plan on being more than 5 feet from a bathroom for the next 24-48 hours.

What about, like, a sandwich? An omelet and toast? Pizza? Looks like you need protein equally as much as any other macro.

Also, I agree with the others that I wouldn't bank on that 900 calorie burn. Eat back maybe half of your exercise calories unless your experience tells you otherwise (as in, after at least 4-6 weeks of this method you find yourself losing faster or slower than you'd expect, at which point, adjust).

Finally, why are you watching your sugar? Do you have a medical condition which requires you to do so? If not, then ignore that statistic. If your overall calorie and macro-nutrient (carbs, protein, fats) intake is balanced and in line with your goals, then you don't need to worry about what *type* of carbs you're eating.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lm3c0zSXH81qd7eic.gif

go grab a 6pack of taco bell crunchy

as stated, be careful of burn overestimation...otherwise youll be back here in a month wondering why you havent lost anything.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

why can't you eat sugar? Are you diabetic?
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    Just going by my MFP suggestions of sugars and I always seem to go over them...and I'm almost there for the day.
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    I use Map My Ride....does anyone else use this...do you find the estimates for exercises are inaccurate? I just plug in how long I did if for (I use a timer) and it calculates the calories. It bases the calculations off my height, weight etc.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Ignore sugar unless you have a medical condition. I track fiber instead. Otherwise a banana and an apple will pull you over and you'll be restricting yourself for nothing. I eat plenty of ice cream. It's my favorite way to get my carbs and fats for the day

just gonna leave this riiiight here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants