Going over on sugars but still within calorie deficit?

Options
I went over on my sugars today (with my banana and peanut butter sandwich), but I am still well within my calorie deficit; I haven't even touched my exercise calories!
Will my sugar intake being in the red drastically effect me? Will the scale say I am heavier tomorrow? I've upped my water today so hopefully that helps.
Any advice is greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou: Thank you!

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Short story: As long as you don't go over your calories you will not hurt your weight loss efforts. Everyone's weight fluctuates up and down naturally, but it's not the fault of sugar or any other individual element.

MFP sets the sugar goal ridiculously low. Unless you are diabetic you don't need to track your sugar intake. Plus if you get your sugar from natural sources like fruit you are getting lots of important vitamins and nutrients! Don't want to restrict those!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I don't even track sugar, I track fiber in its place!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm glad someone else is in this boat. I don't eat many sweets at all and I am perpetually over on sugar!

I too track fiber in its place - high five!
  • positive714
    Options
    I feel so much better now! Thank y'all so much! I'm not going to worry too much about the sugar from my fruits! :flowerforyou:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

This!

And yum on the PB and Banana!!!
  • childhoodshour00
    childhoodshour00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I'm totally going to do this now! thanks for the info. I think the sugar goal is ridiculously low. I'm always under my carbs but often go over my sugars.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I go over every day but its natural sugar in fruit etc. I asked my Dietician and MD and both said not to worry about sugar unless medical problems or I was only eating fruit which I am not I eat 100 grams of protein daily MFP has some Macros set off but its a good start.