Scale question

Options
If I weighed myself yesterday and then a little while later it said I was heavier, even though I didn't eat or drink anything, is it alright to use the lighter weight? A scale wouldn't say you weigh less than you really do right?

Replies

• Sharonbed4d
    Options
    Is it a digital scale? I would go with the lighter weight. It is possible for a scale to have several different reading depending on how you stand on it and what type of floor it's on. I have tile floors so if I have it on the crack I get a different weight than if it's right in the middle of the tile. I hate the scale but I can't seem to get away from it.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    My only suggest would be make sure you place the scale in the same spot every time you weigh. I also weigh myself three times- one right after enough to make sure I get the same reading. Breath in and exhale saying light as a feather. Haha! I don't think it matters but it is habit I guess.
  • realm69
    realm69 Posts: 23
    Options
    I do the same thing, I have a digital scale and it seems like the very first time I step on the scale is the lowest number. I do try to weigh at least 3 times in a row to make sure the number stays the same and that is the one I count. I only record the weight once a week, even if I do step on the scale more often.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I say go with the lighter weight--I always "gain" weight at the day goes on, so I weigh early in the morning if I can manage it (before I've even had my coffee). My "base" weight can even fluctuate during the week, so I avoid weighing every day (and, I've almost stopped weighing completely, because I've been getting a bit obsessive about those numbers). I also second the suggestion about weighing in the same spot and I like to weigh two or three times with a digital scale (I don't trust them... :tongue:).
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Breath in and exhale saying light as a feather. Haha! I don't think it matters but it is habit I guess.

I do this too!!! HAHA
  • irapunzel
    Options
    I hear you about digital scales being a little wacky. Mine is in the same spot on the bathroom floor all the time and I can step on it twice in a row and it might be 2 pounds heavier or lighter... a four pound range. Really!? Very frustrating. I have had to start stepping on it several times in a row and if it says the same thing (or really close) twice, I use that. Even if one of the rouge readings was lower. Mostly, I just rely on taking my measurements once a month.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I weigh 3x and use the average one - usually the highest actually, as that's the one that usually shows twice :grumble:

Does it really matter? It usually levels out over the course of a month. Do what makes you happy :bigsmile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We weigh less in the morning hours. Go with lighter weight.
  • mckval
    mckval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been reading this thread, and it begs the question, if not a digital scale, what scale would you have for the bathroom?