Options
joann4988
joann4988 Posts: 7
I just tried this and it was great. Wow we can have fries. MMMM MMMM

Ingredients:
1 med. Potatoe
1 Large Egg White
Spices (your choice)

Cut potatoe into thin french fry-size strips. In a bowl whip egg white until foamy, add spices. Add potatoe and toss to coat well. Spread potatoes on a non stick cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30-35 min. @ 450 or until potatoes are crisp and brown.

Calories: 178
Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 22mg
Carbs: 37g
Fiber: 4g
Sugars: 2g
protien: 7g

Let me know what you think.

Replies

• joann4988
    joann4988 Posts: 7
    Options
    I just tried this and it was great. Wow we can have fries. MMMM MMMM

Ingredients:
    1 med. Potatoe
    1 Large Egg White
    Spices (your choice)

Cut potatoe into thin french fry-size strips. In a bowl whip egg white until foamy, add spices. Add potatoe and toss to coat well. Spread potatoes on a non stick cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30-35 min. @ 450 or until potatoes are crisp and brown.

Calories: 178
    Fat: 0
    Cholesterol: 0
    Sodium: 22mg
    Carbs: 37g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugars: 2g
    protien: 7g

Let me know what you think.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting! I'll let you know when I try the recipe--soon!

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • DebbsHereNow
    DebbsHereNow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: sounds good, I wonder how it would taste with sweet potatoes
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    I did this with sweet potatoes and sprinkled splenda and cinnamon on them instead of traditional french fry spices. They were sweet and yummy!!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Another thing I've discovered (and seriously, y'all are going to laugh at me, I know it! :tongue: ) is roasted broccoli. No, seriously! Toss broccoli spears with with olive oil and fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper, and roast on aluminum foil for 15 to 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

I think it's as good as french fries.

Ok, you can stop laughing now. :bigsmile:
  • julie737
    Options
    No laughing here! I love roasted broccoli! My husband and I roast EVERYTHING, just about. Even grape tomatoes taste good roasted with onions, sweet potatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, green beans, or whatever you've got on hand.
  • carrieclark
    Options
    My sister found frozen sweet potatoes cut as fries at her supermarket. They, too, were to be baked and they were great! No reason we can't make them ourselves!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Another thing I've discovered (and seriously, y'all are going to laugh at me, I know it! :tongue: ) is roasted broccoli. No, seriously! Toss broccoli spears with with olive oil and fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper, and roast on aluminum foil for 15 to 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

yum:flowerforyou:
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Options

yum:flowerforyou:

kinda a dumb question.. what classifies something as "roasted" how do u roast food?
  • julie737
    Options
    [/quote]
    kinda a dumb question.. what classifies something as "roasted" how do u roast food?
    [/quote]

It's not a dumb question!
    This is how I do it:

Cut the veggies into similar-sized pieces (bite sized usually), put them in a bowl and add a few teaspoons (or tablespoons, depending on amount to roast) of olive oil. Add garlic powder and other seasonings as desired. Toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking pan (like a cookie sheet with edges) and put in a 400 degree oven for 30-60 minutes (or more if desired) until vegetables are desired tenderness. Everything tastes so sweet this way!
  • paperstar
    paperstar Posts: 27
    Options
    [/quote]"kinda a dumb question.. what classifies something as "roasted" how do u roast food?"[/quote]

Thanks for asking, I'm not a cook either and all the lingo confuses me!