Hard Time Hitting My Calorie Goals?

Options
I know that the goals that My Fitness Pal gives us is supposed to be what we hit, but Ive come to realize when I really healthy foods then I CANNOT hit my calorie goal. I seriously just ate 2 chocolate eggs and still more than a couple hundred below my calorie goal. I seriously cannot eat anymore I'm full.......

Im supposed to be eating 2,000 calories to lose 2lbs a week.

I ate a smoothie (green tea, kale, strawberry, blueberry, and flax seed)
1 cup of quaker oats oatmeal squares

boneless skinless chicken breast w/ mushrooms
green beans

A cheeseburger cut in half on 1 piece of bread

Homemade Tuna Wrap

2 russell stover chocolate eggs

and I have 459 calories left before I hit 2,000......

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring everything?
    You don't need ALL "healthy" foods. All food CAN be healthy in moderation.

If you are weighing and measuring and logging all liquids, condiments (ketchup, mayo, oils...)
    Then my suggestions - add protein to your smoothie (powder maybe?), put some milk on the cereal. The cereal alone is 120 (I'm eating a bowl right now!), so if you add 1 cup of milk that's 110 = 230 calories.

instead of eating, essentially, 1/4 of the hamburger, eat the whole thing, buns and all!

What's on/in your wrap? The tortillas I use are the large whole wheat ones from Casa Mendosa and they run 190 calories for the wrap alone.
  • OmahaDad
    OmahaDad Posts: 7
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight or maintain?
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    First of all, make sure you are weighing all your foods. There could easily be a couple hundred calories unaccounted for otherwise.

If you really are under, add things like avocado (would be yummy on that cheeseburger), cheese, brown rice, sweet potato (even with a bit of butter, though I like them plain), nuts, nut butters, full-fat greek yogurt or full-fat cottage cheese, salad with some regular dressing (not low-fat or lite), etc. Fats are a very important part of a healthy diet, so don't be afraid of them. They can also help get those extra calories you're missing (as well as transporting the fat-soluble vitamins your body needs). Also, I hope that by "cut in half" you meant you cut the cheeseburger then ate both pieces, rather than eating half the patty :wink:

Hope that helps!

ETA: You can use full-fat (regular) mayo on that tuna, or Canola or Olive Oil mayo if you prefer.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Easiest ways to get calories without eating junk food: avocado (add to any sandwich or wrap-delicious and very healthy for you); unsalted almonds or other nuts (weigh them- 1/2 to 1 oz is plenty; boiled eggs; high fiber/high protein granola or protein bars (Choose ones with less than 8 grams of sugar per serving); whole grain carbs; fresh fruits; and natural nut butters (again, weigh or measure- 1 tbsp is a reasonable serving.)
  • motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would say if you are not hungry don't eat, it sounds like you eat pretty healthy, If your full go with what your body tells you.
  • mbitely2004
    mbitely2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I havent bought a a scale yet, but I measure everything I can (including condiments) with measuring cups. and I overestimate on my things like chicken that cant be measured easily. I really wasnt craving anything unhealthy or else I would have ate it. The only reason I ate the cheesburger was because my mom made it for dinner and we ALWAYS eat as a family. So I only ate half because I wasnt interested in eating it. The only thing I have craved today was a mountain dew but I know one can would turn into a whole two liter thats one thing I cant control myself with yet.