Starting tomorrow (Oct. 4), I'm giving up my diet Pepsi habi

Options
Starting tomorrow (Oct. 4), I am giving up my diet Pepsi habit. I had quit drinking it for a while, but then while I was recovering from a sprained knee--I started drinking it again.

Replies

• kriegere24
    Options
    Good for you!!! I quit drinking soda about a month ago and feel great about it!! Keep with it!
  • Kandy4mel
    Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    If I can give up Mt. Dew, you can do it. I was tempted twice today and chose water over the Dew. You can do it if I can.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I was a 6-8 can a day drinker and I quit almost 2 years ago. I haven't had a soda in almost 2 years and I don't miss it at all.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!!
    I gave it up over a month ago!!!! I'm so glad that I did!!! I thought I would have a glass one day... it tasted terrible, I couldn't believe it!!! I don't miss it all!! =)
    Stac
  • nanicksmom
    nanicksmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great!! I need to quit my diet coke habit, just worried about the withdrawal! Good luck
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! I stopped having few months back and I never missed it!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow Your giving up diet Pepsi and I just added diet rite soda's bc I can't seem to meet my water goal and I am not a fan of water or juice. Diet juice is gross. I try to drink 20oz of water then 20oz of Crystal light 20oz of water then 20oz of diet rite Red raspberry. I heard the diet rite line is the best line to drink.............Be blessed on your journey.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Two things that I find helpful (I cannot have soda due to food allergies) - if you miss the bubbly texture, grab some sparkling water - throw a wedge of lemon or lime in it...it will give you that fun fizzy-ness without all the extra stuff that comes in soda.

If you are worried about the loss of caffiene and not quite ready to face the sometimes pain that complete withdrawl can cause, try a cup of green tea (hot or cold) - I mix lemon and honey in with it when feeling festive!

Good luck!
    ^_^
  • eyoreblu
    Options
    Good luck!!! I went from 4 a day down to one only, the rest of the time water!!! It has been hard, but I am close to getting my hair wet and stopping completely!!!
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    I was afraid when I quit Mt Dew that my migraines would get worse. Usually that and Excedrin Migraine is all that will control my migraines. Well so far, I have had one bad headache and made it through with just Excedrin and water. Don't know how but I did. I have managed to stop all soft drinks this month. It is only 4 days old but I am determined to make it.
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    congrats and good for you. I entered the October challenge for what I can give up and I choose pepsi, (and I tell you it's hard but I'm getting thru). stay strong
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    Great!! I need to quit my diet coke habit, just worried about the withdrawal! Good luck

I was worried about the withdrawal myself because I've had migraine headaches in the past.

The headache today hasn't been that bad, so far so good!