Hello, I'm trying...

Options
It's hard to want to lose weight when for the longest time it was never a problem. My weight technically still isn't health related, my blood pressure is amazing, I'm not at a risk of diabetes or high cholesterol, it's purely cosmetic.

My dad and two sisters were just thin. They are thin and beautiful. My mom and I are not thin. Until about four years ago, my sisters started to put on weight (thank god!) and my mom has a gastro bypass. She now shares clothes with my smaller sisters while I'm enjoying my pizza.

My sisters now have joined this extreme bodyshaping class...I am unable do to a previous injury and I don't want them to go back to being thin and pretty while I'm stuck in size 22 jeans.

This is hard, and I've been trying for like two weeks then say screw it and stop then get depressed and eat more.

I know it's silly to ask for support, but I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for listening...

Replies

• 084paw
    084paw Posts: 5
    Options
    HI,

I am going to invite you.... Would love to help you, the more the merrier

the thing is, I have learned the hard way you must do this for you nobody else. Although I don't have your problem my sisters and mom are all big and willing to help each other, but my mom and sisters are doing weight-less and I can't afford it, so making mine up as I go.... my biggest thing is being positive and not letting the people that call me fat (some time to my face) bother me..... it hard and hubby dose not help much but I have giving him a good talking to, so we will see.

Anytime you need help contact me......
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    It's hard to want to lose weight when for the longest time it was never a problem. My weight technically still isn't health related, my blood pressure is amazing, I'm not at a risk of diabetes or high cholesterol, it's purely cosmetic.

My dad and two sisters were just thin. They are thin and beautiful. My mom and I are not thin. Until about four years ago, my sisters started to put on weight (thank god!) and my mom has a gastro bypass. She now shares clothes with my smaller sisters while I'm enjoying my pizza.

My sisters now have joined this extreme bodyshaping class...I am unable do to a previous injury and I don't want them to go back to being thin and pretty while I'm stuck in size 22 jeans.

This is hard, and I've been trying for like two weeks then say screw it and stop then get depressed and eat more.

Thanks for listening...

you don't have to do a class. you don't have to join a gym. you don't have to go crazy on an elliptical. in fact, that's almost always counterproductive because when you try to do too much you'll burn yourself out.

just eat less and move more. that's can be as simple as a 500 calorie daily deficit and going for a leisurely half hour walk on your lunch hours.

there's good info on here on how to get started and stick to it and not deprive yourself of foods you love, so seek it out. stay away from anyone who seems to be peddling "get thin quick" gimmicks or phobias about food.

get started with these links:

here's a very brief introduction into what's important for weight loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

here's a longer introduction covering some of the same topics in more detail:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

be patient. set realistic goals. log everything accurately. be diligent. stick to it. the weight will come off. don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day or a bad week... we all do. your path from point A to point B will not be a linear one. it never is for anyone.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

stay focused and don't give up.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Thanks for listening...

you don't have to do a class. you don't have to join a gym. you don't have to go crazy on an elliptical. in fact, that's almost always counterproductive because when you try to do too much you'll burn yourself out.

just eat less and move more. that's can be as simple as a 500 calorie daily deficit and going for a leisurely half hour walk on your lunch hours.

there's good info on here on how to get started and stick to it and not deprive yourself of foods you love, so seek it out. stay away from anyone who seems to be peddling "get thin quick" gimmicks or phobias about food.

get started with these links:

here's a very brief introduction into what's important for weight loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

here's a longer introduction covering some of the same topics in more detail:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

be patient. set realistic goals. log everything accurately. be diligent. stick to it. the weight will come off. don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day or a bad week... we all do. your path from point A to point B will not be a linear one. it never is for anyone.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

stay focused and don't give up.

yup. this.

I stay away from kiwi, though.

...just because I'm allergic to it :frown: