P90x/Insanity ?

Options
Hello all :)

I am currently on week 2 of P90x and i've noticed a definate lack of cardio. I love the strength training and plyo but I feel LAZY. I am not in a position where I can go running whenever i'd like so I borrowed Insanity from a friend this weekend, thinking that I could somehow work it into the P90x schedule. I have read other threads on this, but I am not too sure how to go about implementing Insanity workouts with the existing P90x workouts. Any suggestions?

Replies

• h_eloise86
    Options
    I had the same thing with P90X. I realized I was just doing Kenpo & Cardio.
    I suggest that you just pick out the workouts you like to do and make a sort of hybrid.
    I do a mix of Turbo Jam, Insanity, EA Active (for the Wii), and P90X.

Hope you find something that works for you :)
    Have fun!
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    I will be doing the same soon. I plan to add Insanity into my 3 round of P90X. You might just want to review the dvd's and pick out the ones you like and add them to your workout. Hope that works for you. Can't wait to join you on this one. tc.
  • brat1076
    brat1076 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello I just saw your post and I found this article the other day thought it might help.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_048.do?code=P90XNEWS_048_V1_ARTICLE2&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+P90X_Newsletter+(P90X+Newsletter)&utm_content=Twitter#article2

I am pretty sure it has a schedule in the article.

Hope it helps
    Tina
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It is really recommended that you don't modify during your first round of P90X. Plyo X is pretty tough and Kenpo can give you as much of a workout as you want. As there are a lot of break in Kenpo, once you know the moves you can go at your own pace and be working while they are prepping from the next move.

With that being said, incorporating Insanity is very popular as most people that have completed a Round or 2 of P90X find that it's harder to get their HR up. The issue with doing a hybrid of P90X an Insanity is that most of the Insanity workouts have pushups in them, and its not a good Idea to do those workouts the day after Chest and Back as you'd be workoing those same muscles two days in a row.

Insanity is a serious upgrade from Plyo X. You get all sorts of rest time in Plyo that you just don't get in Insanity.

Just something to think about and remember, Keep Pushing Play.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    you can totally do a hybrid by mixing in your favorite parts from different workouts.