Calories you get back...

Options
So I eat my daily calorie allowance and exercise to get back like half of those calories back...
I'm still hungry, can I eat those calories I just burned again, or will it stop me from losing?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Yes you can eat them. Depending on how you determined the calorie burn from your exercise, you might only want to eat 50-75% back.

MFP has a deficit built into your daily goal so that you will lose weight without exercise. By exercising, you increase the amount of calories you burn in a day and to keep the deficit the same, MFP needs to add those to your goal.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Eat them! The number MFP gives you already had a deficit built in, so when you exercise, you create an even greater deficit. Be aware, however, that the general consensus is that MFP overestimates calorie burns, so if that is the only way you have to track calorie burns, I recommend only eating back about 2/3 of what MFP says, some will say less, but that worked for me.
  • Leira03
    Leira03 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Leira03
    Leira03 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you! That's a relief!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what are you using to measure burns?
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What do you use to measure burns? Hell, how do they know the difference between light point sparing and going full contact with one of my male instructors?