Calorie free peanut spread

Options
2»

Replies

• jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and its HORRIBLE! Some of their dressings are ok...just ok. Like the "balsamic" is ok. PB2 is excellent though. You can find it in most grocery stores now, but I order it online. Its got a rich roasted peanut taste and is great for smoothies or mixed into baked goods. Its not the best peanut butter ever, but for 75% less fat and calories, its worth it to me. They just press all the oil out, roast and grind the peanuts into a powder.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Oh God! AVOID Walden Farms spreads. They taste like... poop.

The ONLY thing they have that's good is the chocolate syrup, and pancake syrup.... that's it.

If you want lower calorie peanut butter, buy PB2 or go to Myoatmeal.com and buy their PB Lean (which is amazing).
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    There is a shop on ebay that sells calorie free foods. Anyone tried Waldon farms fat free, calorie free peanut spread? Is it even possible? Don't want to get ripped off and don't want to put weight on!

It tastes nothing like peanut at all. The only walden products I like is the syrups and the choc spread, both of which i use to add flavour to my oatmeal ^.^
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've also tried this...I read negative reviews but still thought I'd be 'ok' with it...NO! I was wrong! It's consistency and taste is like gelatinous mayo with a slight hint of peanuts mixed in.

I threw it away...and I never throw food items away!

I learned my lesson...if it seems 'to good to be true...it most likely is:))
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    Trying to post a pic and can't :explode:

pbsteps_zps8493d3de.jpg

pb31_zps8746bdeb.jpg

Yay :) first one is PB2 before and after

2nd is chocolate pb2 on bagel. DELISH x
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    it's not something that you can eat by itself - it is unbelievably sweet and the texture is kind of off... I use it as topping on other foods, but would never use it as a PB substitute. I have some PB2 that I am going to try as that seems to get better reviews for taste.

That being said, I do like Walden Farms salad dressings for the most part (I use the vinaigrette ones as a meat marinade as well) and their chocolate/caramel sauce does sub in for the real thing when I need it.

I don't add in sugar when cooking because I am a diabetic, so most of their products give my food the sweetness I need when cooking
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    I also add pb2 into my stir fries to make a satay sauce.. it...is...awesome
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    There is a shop on ebay that sells calorie free foods. Anyone tried Waldon farms fat free, calorie free peanut spread? Is it even possible? Don't want to get ripped off and don't want to put weight on!

Calorie free? That's not food, that's a lab experiment. Yuck.
  • cerumens
    cerumens Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tried several Waldon products a couple years ago. ALL were horrific and I am not one to waste food and will try things to improve the flavor before tossing. There was no improving these products. Aside from that I now realize they are just plain awful for your body.
  • GalaxyHit
    Options

Don't bother with it, it probably tastes boring! Try Better N' Peanut Butter, it is sooo delicious. Very low fat and low calorie, tastes so much better than regular peanut butter too. Hope you have control tho, because it's so good I went crazy and ate the whole jar for a meal. LOL I wasn't serious about my weight loss at that time though :P
  • GalaxyHit
    Options
    it's not something that you can eat by itself - it is unbelievably sweet and the texture is kind of off... I use it as topping on other foods, but would never use it as a PB substitute. I have some PB2 that I am going to try as that seems to get better reviews for taste.

That being said, I do like Walden Farms salad dressings for the most part (I use the vinaigrette ones as a meat marinade as well) and their chocolate/caramel sauce does sub in for the real thing when I need it.

I don't add in sugar when cooking because I am a diabetic, so most of their products give my food the sweetness I need when cooking

Completely random, but congratulations on your weight loss of 147 pounds! Wow! Now that is dedication.