I feel down

Options
I've been maintaining my weight and was meant to eat 1600 cals a day. I've been really good and happy and go to the gym 4x a week but since Friday I've just eaten **** :( I didn't bother counting cals because I know I'll be waaay over.

Eugh demotivated. I'm gonna hit the gym and do some weighs 4 x today and try and stay on track. I hate when I get like this! I know I can't have put on weight in such a short space of time but It just makes me feel like rubbish.

Replies

• Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options

Eugh demotivated. I'm gonna hit the gym and do some weighs 4 x today

I meant 4x this week haha
  • missyrawien
    missyrawien Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon from time to time, the best thing is that you've already self motivating to get back on track. Don't beat yourself up too hard, but it's good that you're willing to start climbing the hill again and start pulling it back. Try to keep that motivation and take it one day at a time, try to build up your streak again.

I know it feels crumby now, but the next time you're nearly coming off the wagon you'll remember this and hopefully keep on track.

Stay strong. You've got this.
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words :) Really made me feel better x
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What does '****' mean?
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh Hun, we all have those days/weekends/weeks!

I had never heard of a "black hole" day until I attended a slimming group and the premise is, if you slip for more than one treat or meal, log nothing for the whole day. Treat it as a write-off.

Now that I use MFP, I cannot physically do that anymore! I find that I have to log so that I know the damage, I know what to expect and if possible, try to pay it back over an amount of time that I'm comfortable with.

We all lose heart from time to time, just take a relaxing bath and remember why you started on this journey. You don't need to then launch into massive workouts or commit yourself too much. Start again and build yourself up from where you feel happy with your participation. By doing this, you give yourself a break without opting out and learn a heck of a lot about yourself in the process.

Good luck x
  • Honeycat89
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I didn't want to put my calories in I felt too bad! I'm just going to start again from today! I guess I felt worse because I'm going away in 10 days and so this slip up just made me feel awful. I wanted to get some good work outs in and eat the right amount so I could get away with a cheat weekend.

Thank you all for your kind words, it's good to know people understand so I don't have to sit and mope alone. xx
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it!

It happens to most people. At least you recognized and acknowledged it and will start over fresh.