Diet/Exercise Dilemma

Options
ljmcf
ljmcf Posts: 98 Member
Hi All!

Would love to hear your thoughts. I'm due to be my friends Chief Bridesmaid at her wedding on 28 June. We're having our final dress fitting on 28 April. I've been working really hard to get myself into the best shape I can before the final fitting (so far I've lost 8 lbs, but I still have some way to go - not for the wedding, just for me).

However, I'm getting a bit stressed out about the fact the final fitting is 2 months before the wedding! My friend has said to me that I have to try and stay the same weight from the fitting until the wedding. I can understand this, of course, as you don't want to pay for another fitting after what is supposed to be the final fitting - but I don't want to hinder my progress for 2 months! I could lose a stone in that time...and not to mention I'm paying £34 each month for the gym. If I stop going, I find it really hard to get back into it.

Not sure how to deal with this! Any thoughts would be welcome x

Replies

• becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Your health and happiness is more important than any dress!
    Carry on with what you're doing and sort the dress out nearer the time, don't have the final fitting now, postpone it a bit....
  • lilmissdiet
    lilmissdiet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Could you ask to move the final fitting date or is that the notice the dressmaker needs?

Only thing I could suggest is to find another dressmaker (as long as it's ok and if the original one won't do it) and have yours fitted closer to the date with you possibly paying?

I'm in the process of planning my wedding and some dressmakers will alter week or two before the wedding. Obviously you'll have to speak to your friend for her thoughts x
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You could be happy with your body as is and BOOM! Stress free baby! then natural fat loss happens because stress hormones are down and nutrition is right....nutrition is right....right?
  • ljmcf
    ljmcf Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - yes the nutrition is right lol...would love to be happy as I am but deffo not there yet! (Though I am SO relieved she's getting married now and not 2 years ago when I was 2 stone heavier!)

From what I can gather, for the particular place we're going to (which was recommended to her by the shop she bought her wedding dress in) needs that amount of time. In fact, when I suggested a different date, she suggested an earlier date (I quickly agreed to 28 April lol).

I would absolutely pay for another fitting if it comes to it...just feel guilty. I think she'd much rather I just stay the same weight for the 2 months (she has said a few things such as 'you're fine as you are' and 'I don't care how you look on the day'....that last one isn't supposed to sound as nasty as it does lol.