Jillian Michaels Ripped In 30 Question....

Options
So I started the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 on April 1. I had just started week 2 today. I am finding it hard to do some of the exercises. Like the lunges I can't do, and a couple others. I try and do the best I can but I keep thinking it's not going to help me if I can't do them correctly. The ones I can't do I will keep moving, and trying. I don't just stop, and wait. I do feel the burn, and my muscles are sore. Am I just worrying to much, or is it really not going to help me?

Replies

• ronbo62098
    ronbo62098 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You're moving, you're working out - it's going to help. One of the things trainers (Jillian included) recommend is that if you have trouble on a specific week - repeat it. Don't just "push ahead" and get worse and worse at completing the exercise. Not everyone completes "30 day shred" in 30 days. Take your time, do it right, and work at your own pace. Push yourself a little, sure, but don't push so hard you can't keep up with the routine.
  • HunnyBeeDee
    Options
    Hi I literally just finished Day 1, week 1 of Ripped in 30. I couldn't do a couple of the moves due to my recent knee strain, my lunges weren't perfect - but like Jillian said, it's not about perfection, it's about giving it all you've got. If you're feeling it, then it's working and I would say, just stick with it for now, see how you go and just do your best.

Although right now, I have no idea what I'd log it down as in my Exercise tracker on here... any ideas?

I've sent you a friend request, so if you want to, we can get through it together :) And hey, you're already 7 days ahead of me :)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing RI30 right now. I have a hard time doing the running man in week 1. She says she has 300/400 pound people who can do it, but I'm sorry I cannot! :tongue: I just run in place there. Works for me and I still feel like I'm getting a good cardio burn at that point!
  • HeatherNicholle527
    Options
    @HunnyBeeDee I have no idea what to log it under on here. I mainly created this thing so I could ask questions to others that have or are doing it. Lol. Good luck. It gets a lil easier after a couple days.

@angf0679 I couldn't do the running man either. I just ran in place as well. I don't know how she says 300-400 pound people do it. I feel like I'm going to die doing it. Lol. What week are you on?
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I tried Ripped in 30 a while back... it was hard!!! along with others ... I looked them up on youtube and decided to with 30 day shred first. It was also hard, but not as hard. I completed 30 day shred. And then took some time off, now I went back to it and i realized i actually needed Ripped in 30 here in there for more of a challenge. I think I will do one more round of 30 day shred and then I will be ready for ripped in 30.
    But Like i said NOW i feel like i need ripped in 30, at first it killed me! Now I can do running man no problem.
    You could always stay on level one for longer than it states.
    By the way I completed 30 day shred in 6 weeks.
    I did 5 x a week. Level 1 for 2 weeks
    Level 2 for 2 weeks
    and level 3 for 2 weeks.
    That IS 30 days : ).
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Log it as circuit training.

I'm just finished with level three, the down dog push ups killed me, but I'm not hanging around on that level until I master them,I'll never move from it.
    I do my best, and push myself, but at the end of day move on at end of week...I can come back and try again another round.
  • angf0679
    Options
    @angf0679 I couldn't do the running man either. I just ran in place as well. I don't know how she says 300-400 pound people do it. I feel like I'm going to die doing it. Lol. What week are you on?

I'm on Week 1. I just finished Day 3. Since I can only average doing it 4-5 times a week with my schedule, I plan on doing each week 10 times before moving to the next one. I've done it before and am dreading some of the moves yet to come! (Plus wondering how I will have room with the limited space I now have to work out)
  • HeatherNicholle527
    Options
    @DianaGabriela I also have the 30 Day Shred, I do it once a week just for a mix up with the Ripped in 30. Jillian says in the beginning to try to do your best that's why it's called Ripped In 30 so I want to push myself to do it. I do each week for 7 days. She also says she doesn't care about perfection, just as long as you keep your heart beat up and keep moving. So i'm guessing it's more than likely going to do something. I hope so anyway. Lol. :)

@lucyloutoo Did you have any issues with week 1 or 2? That's what I keep saying, I can always come back and do it again. I think i'm going to complete it then just start over.

@angf0679 I do it 5 days a week, and do 30 Day Shred 1 day a week. I take one day off. When you did it before did you get results, and did you do it 10 days like your doing this time around?
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    There were push ups in level two I couldn't do too, but I know I have no upper body strength,I got better by end of it...didn't like level two much though.
  • angf0679
    Options
    @angf0679 I do it 5 days a week, and do 30 Day Shred 1 day a week. I take one day off. When you did it before did you get results, and did you do it 10 days like your doing this time around?

The last time I did it, I did it AFTER having doing the 30DS. Doing the 30DS, I noticed results. Not as much though with RI30. I think before I did it for all of 1 week (7 days) before moving on. However, circumstances then were different then now (I moved and my schedule is a little busier now and I"m not home as early), and I don't have time to do it every night like I did before. I should be able to get 5 days a week in, but there might be some weeks I can only fit in 4 days.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm doing it too.

I've just started level 3. I didn't like level 2 and did 6 days (not in a row) before I decided that was enough as I wasn't looking forward to doing it (I was with level 1). I enjoyed level 3 but found it harder so will aim to do 10 days of level 3.

I will send some friend requests and we can hopefully complete it.
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped In 30 last year and I do it once a week with my other workouts (Mostly other Jillian ones). My advice would be just get your form correct and don't worry about finding it hard. I think Jillian would say that if it was easy then change wouldn't happen, or something like that. Also do the modified form if you need to. There is no point in pushing yourself too hard if you're not on that level yet. You'll only end up hurting yourself! Trust me...
  • HeatherNicholle527
    Options
    @lucyloutoo I had a hard time in the beginning with the push ups as well, but it's getting easier. I can only do the modified ones though. I don't care for Level 2 either, but we can do it!!!!

@angf0679 30DS does seem a little easier, but not much. I'm sure if you get 4 days in a week, you'll notice results. Don't give up!!!! :)

@helenmelon29 When you did level 1 and 2, did you have any issues with any certain moves? I'm on level 2 now and I don't care for it myself, but I will finish it before I move on. I just keep thinking it's not going to work if I can't do certain moves :/
  • erical78
    erical78 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm doing RI30 right now, on my 2nd day of Level 3. I HATED Level 2 with a passion. I think I only did Level 2 for 5 days before I decided to move on. Level 3 is killing my arms, but I don't despise it like I did with Level 2.

I started with the 30DS. I am glad I finished that before starting RI30. RI30 seems harder, for me at least.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    I'm only doing six days off each level anyway, with a day off between levels,I make that close to thirty days.
    Failed to start level for today, but will do it this weekend..
    Wondering what next, these half hour workouts are perfect, makes me feel anything else is hard work...I've looked at body revolution but it's more money than I have spare.
  • angf0679
    Options
    I use Youtube for her videos. Most of them are there.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Yeah, I've got a few of the dvds too...can't find body revolution on there...and no more trouble zones seems far too long at 50 mins!!!
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OP, you said you don't seem to see results with this one as you did with 30DS. You mean like your body? You don't see it toned, or your weight?
    I am asking because I too feel like its not doing much for me. I decided to alternate with Banish fat boost Met, video (also from youtube) hopefully this combo will keep the scale going down while toning.

ooops, edit to state that it was not OP, rather angf0679 who stated not so much results with RI 30. So I guess this questions is directer towards andf0679.
  • knt6742
    knt6742 Posts: 36
    Options
    I love Ri30! Just focus on having correct form and do your best. Push yourself hard but dont hurt yourself.

For me personally, I don't really know if this is the right way to go about it, but I'd rather do 3 quality moves then struggling to do 10. I'll do 4 full push ups which is about all I can do and then do the rest modified but I focus on form.

Just be proud of yourself for workingout!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Try to do them at your pace for now. If Jill is doing them fast and you can only do it at half her pace, then do it half or do the modified version. Better you do less of them correctly than none at all. By the way, the lunges will come, just keep doing them and if you need a chair to balance, use it until you don't have to.

Keep up the good work.