Green Tea

Options
Who among you takes this daily? Did it really aid in weight loss? Please share your thoughts. Thank you!

Replies

• Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I do drink it daily. I dont think it helps with weight loss but I know it is tasty...
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have had green tea daily for over 15 years and it has done nothing for my weight loss, if it helps for health I haven't noticed either.
    I think if you enjoy it drink it, it has to be better than high calorie high sugar drinks.
  • GracieGag
    GracieGag Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I drink from 4 to 6 cups a day. It is supposed to be good for you and I find it simply keeps me from wanting to eat more. Instead of a snack I have a cup of tea. So in that sense it does help me lose weight. I've lost 23 pounds since the beginning of the year. It certainly can't hurt you to drink it. Also I don't drink as much water as I should so this helps.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Green and herbal teas are a great snack for me that leave me feeling fuller than just drinking water. Like other posters, I don't drink enough water, so tea helps.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I pretty much drink it daily. 1 or 2 large cups. I try not to sweeten it.
  • ryliery
    ryliery Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing! I drink tea daily, but I haven't noticed any difference except I feel fuller longer so I drink tea instead of snacking.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I drink it also and I find it helps diminish cravings a bit so that I can usually prevent unnecessary snacking but I don't think it helps with the actual weight loss process. It helps me get in my water intake also, and it is supposed to have good health benefits.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea most every day. But since you said "take" are you referring to pills?

There is no magic in green tea. It's simply a calorie free drink that has healthy antioxidants. Switching from high calorie drinks to unadorned green tea could help with weight loss.

I have gained, lost and maintained weight while drinking green tea. It's just a drink.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I drink it once or twice a day, but I doubt it's helped much, or at all.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Dont drink green tea, I do drink vanilla chai tea daily. I find it helps me lose weight only because it helps me to feel full longer. Almost as if I had a snack. Im pretty sure green tea would have the same effect.
    Hope this helps!
  • wonderbeard101
    wonderbeard101 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The big benefit from green tea for weight loss is the caffeine-- As a stimulant, it makes your body burn marginally more calories. There's a popular belief that green tea extract is also a weight loss agent, but as far as I know, that's totally unsubstantiated.

Basically, green tea MIGHT have some very minor effect on weight loss, but it is marginal at best. Drink a bit if you enjoy it, otherwise don't worry about it.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love green tea! It has not helped me lose weight however ~ my constant exercising and watching my calorie intake have done that.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I drink jasmine green tea most days. It hasn't done anything for weight loss, I drink it because it's delicious and makes me feel good.
  • lightblueglue
    lightblueglue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like the flavour of Jasmine too!
  • lightblueglue
    lightblueglue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Right now I'm drinking Japanese Green Tea called Houjicha. It's got a roasted taste and even if you drink it before bedtime it won't interfere with your sleep.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like to drink all sorts of tea, including green tea. Different brands of green tea taste different, so you might want to try a few different brands. I actually like Jasmine-Green tea better than plain green tea. I usually brew my green tea for 2 minutes. If you brew it too long it can get bitter. I re-use the teabag once.

You can often get green (and other) tea for a very reasonable price at Asian markets. The kind I like, for example, is something like $3.79 for 100 bags.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Drink about 4 cups a day. Don't believe it helps in weightloss but it fills me up and it is better than coke.
    Stef.
  • octogirlpretty
    Options
    I have drank a 40oz tea pot of green tea everyday for over a year now. I initially did it for health benefits, but now I do it because I'm addicted lol. If you buy some nice quality, loose green tea (gunpowder is my very favorite-you can get good stuff for far far less at Asian grocery stores rather than pay an arm and a leg from say, Teavana). Get a nice tea pot(inexpensive on Amazon) and just make it something you enjoy. I don't add anything to mine, but instead of sugar, you could add dried fruit to your tea pot to sweeten and give fruit flavor to your green tea, and after your drink all the tea, you can eat the fruit (the hot water makes the fruit plump again! Hehe!)

Lite most people have said, it really does curb cravings, so make green tea something you enjoy and it will be a treat instead of something you force down for health benefits ;3
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Other than minor appetite suppressant qualities, it does not aid in weight loss.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea. It has not had any effect on my weight or fitness (that fluctuates based on my eating and activity).