worried about my goals

Options
Hi there!

I don't need to lose anymore fat I weigh around 55-56kg I'm 19% body fat and 45% body muscle. I don't know what goals to set in terms of my fitness? At first my goal was to lose a little fat but now I don't need to lose weight just maintain? I think it's important to have goals but I don't really know what my goals should be.

Is maintaining a goal? I've put on a few pounds from muscle gaining over the past 7-8 months but weight has been the only thing I've ever used to measure my progress so I'm a bit confused.

Any help would be great :) x

Replies

• hugrekki
    hugrekki Posts: 40
    Options
    Maintaining is definitely a goal. You don't want to gain weight or lose weight/muscle, which is definitely something to work at. As for other goals, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Do you just want to be fit? Stronger? Run further? It's really up to you at this point.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Maintaining is definitely a valid goal! You'll need to figure out what the right level of calorie intake is for you to stay within reasonable weight range - it won't always be the same, it's good to have a 5 pound variance for water weight especially as you're female and athletic.

Maybe go more then macro route with logging - find a good custom percentage set for your carb/protein/fat and balance out your diet to reach those on a regular basis.

As the above poster mentioned, how about focusing on fitness goals. Whether you're more in to running, biking or lifting, there are always new PRs to reach. Maybe sign up for competitions or races if that appeals to you?
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I don't need to lose anymore fat I weigh around 55-56kg I'm 19% body fat and 45% body muscle. I don't know what goals to set in terms of my fitness? At first my goal was to lose a little fat but now I don't need to lose weight just maintain? I think it's important to have goals but I don't really know what my goals should be.

Is maintaining a goal? I've put on a few pounds from muscle gaining over the past 7-8 months but weight has been the only thing I've ever used to measure my progress so I'm a bit confused.

Any help would be great :) x

Maintaining is usually THE goal for people who've lost weight. It's a life-long goal.