A little public shaming is in order!

Options
BuckTheBMI
BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
I find that fear is a great motivator! As such, since this is the first day of my lifestyle modification journey, I thought I would go ahead and upload my before pictures to my profile and post about them here. Things I have learned about myself through this photo essay:

1. My body type is now that of the Goblin King from The Hobbit.
2. I am apparently smuggling a large bratwurst on the back of my neck/head.
3. My head is now almost half the size of my torso!
4. I have a larger cup size than two of my daughters.
5. Things could be a lot worse!

Feel free to swing by and take a look! I've got pretty thick skin (obviously look at mah belly!) so leave a funny comment here if you want. I can use a good laugh today!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/62689679

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've still got you beat in cup size =) Great starting photos for comparison on your journey, though.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Hey! It honestly could be worse. But good for you for being brave enough to start this way. In no time, you will be impressing us all with your success story.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I love this! (not laughing at your pictures - just your descriptions tickled me!).

I've found out over the last few years that it's key to have a good sense of humour when going through this life changing process - if you can't laugh at yourself then you have no hope in my opinion!

Good on ya for posting these pictures - it takes a lot of courage to do that as I've found myself. I'm towards the end of my weight loss now having lost about 60lbs & I've posted a few pictures myself recently for my friends on here for a little inspiration to those who are struggling - I guarantee that your pictures will do the same & many people will be inspired by your outlook & attitude towards the start of your journey.

Best of luck & keep smiling :)
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,972 Member
    Options
    the-path-to-the-dark-side.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

you got this... and you will be glad you have the pictures.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    To each, his own!

However, don't forget your good stuff too!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I like you! I think you'll fit in just fine around here :bigsmile:

You got this. And great start with the "before" photos, you'll be appreciating the difference soon!
  • BuckTheBMI
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and the encouragement. Yesterday I tracked (what used to be) a normal day of eating and drinking for me... so I have that to look back on as well. Today is a new day and I feel very motivated (you should see my leg bouncing under my desk) and I hope to use this momentum to carry me over the hard two week burn in phase... where I give up all of my crutches and learn to walk on my own again.
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    Hahaha! fear is a terrible motivator for me. I guess I'm not a Sith, but a Jedi.

But I salute you, Dark Lord/Goblin King. You can do it and welcome to MFP :D
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to this awesome place where you shall find tons of motivation :) You can do this :)
  • BuckTheBMI
    Options
    LOL thanks! I just looked at the pictures again and in the rear view shot it looks like my *kitten* is gobbling up my shorts!
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    LOL! Love it! Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love how you tracked a "regular" day yesterday. It is helpful to see just how bad your choices were compared to what they will become.
    Best of luck in your journey!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    No Shame. Just applause for being brave enough to show.

Welcome, and Yay!!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    smiley-signs087.gif
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Loved your photo essay & descriptions. Sometimes we take ourselves too seriously. Glad you have a sense of humor. By logging you've already started learning about yourself & your eating habits. You'll do just fine on here. You got this!
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I took pics yesterday too. But I'm not brave enough to share with the world! LOL Bravo to you! Welcome to the journey. I'm just 3 weeks in. It really is life changing and I can't wait to see what the future has in store!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Dear 3 lil birds: Great fun and a good laugh this morning, but seriously... you have a way with words - you should start an MFP fitness journey blog. I'm certain many will be encouraged and emboldened by your fresh attitude. We need to have some fun in our lives - and so many don't know how without crap eating.
    I look forward to watching your transformation!
    WAY TO GO!
    :flowerforyou: :laugh: