New to site

Options
Cby60
Cby60 Posts: 38 Member
Hi. My name is Carol and I have been trying to lose weight and get fitter since February. I did a little on fitness pal and am now trying to use this site more to help me on my journey. I have been reading lots of low carb sites, and recently intermittent fasting. I initially lost 6lbs with reducing carbs - I did not due induction but removed wheat breads, potatoes, rice, milk, fruit. On weekends I eat "normally". I started intermittent fasting about a week ago and that is really working for me. I still do the reduced carbs. The scale is moving down! Seeing that encourages me to continue and to add in exercise. I started lifting 5lbs dumbells and picked up some used inline skates which I started using this weekend. My balance is bad and I'm a bit scared of it so I am also using ski poles until I get more sure of myself! Every evening I spend time reading about health, fitness, low carb and fasting just to keep myself motivated. I have lost about 11 lbs as of this morning and the measuring tape shows either inches or half inches off! Very happy and hope I can keep this up. I am 54. Have raised 4 sons, am raising 4 more children (all teens now 3 girls 1 boy) have 5 grandchildren with 2 on the way and want energy to enjoy my big family - also would like to lose about 35lbs.

Replies