When you should you have a cheat meal?

Options
When durring the weight loss period should you have or is okay to have a cheat meal? Also how much can you cheat on a cheat meal? Do you need to keep track of how many calories that cheat meal is or is the whole point of a cheat meal to just let yourself not worry about those kind of things since it is a cheat meal. So confused.

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You can have one whenever you want. Make it fit into your calorie allowance for the day and yes, do keep track of the calories.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I try to restrict it once every week.... typically on Fridays.

But for example this week I have to travel to meet my daughter @ her college and spend Saturday and Sunday with her and eat out so entire week until Friday will be calorie deficit and will up my cardio.... Full Saturday and up until Sunday afternoon would be cheat days.

Back to square one on Sunday evening with counting.

Hope this helps.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I run my cheat day between 3pm Saturday till 3pm Sunday.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can have one whenever you want. Make it fit into your calorie allowance for the day and yes, do keep track of the calories.

This. I think I've only had one since I started, honestly. Sometimes I go over by having dessert (you know, the 1000 calorie restaurant kind), but I still stick to a healthier entree to limit the damage. A real cheat meal is pretty much 3200+ calories for me so I really try to limit those as much as possible...
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I currently don't count two days a week. Usually Friday and Saturday, but sometimes it varies. I'm having a dinner party at my house tonight, so I will eat as I usually do during the day today, and will just have what I want tonight.

It works for me. I'm losing weight on a consistent basis. It keeps me sane and detached from my phone constantly logging my calories. It helps me plan to enjoy social events that revolve around food.

If I quit losing weight, I'll adjust. But right now - I'm successful and happy.