What do you eat when you're craving chocolate?

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Your diary says you have 1040 calories left today, without accounting for any exercise you may or may not do. You can't make it fit? Try harder.
  • monicapatituccijones
    monicapatituccijones Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate, but I don't trust myself with a bag of it (or even a whole bar) in the house. Eating a small piece and then putting the rest in the freezer helps. Other times, I'll buy a bar, eat a piece, and give the rest away.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Chocolate flavoured tea or a square of dark chocolate. In the grand scheme of things, a small amount isn't going to hurt.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cravings don't happen too often but if i feel that i want chocolate then I buy a couple of pieces for a quality chocolate store and take them home and eat them during piece and quiet. I would not trust myself with a bar or box of chocs.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I eat chocolate. I have a bag of ghirardelli 72% dark chocolate squares. Each one is 55 calories, I believe. I usually have one a day.
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    right now I eat Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. Usually one is enough. With dark chocolate it's easier to satisfy my craving than milk chocolate. They are yummy and come in lots of different varieties.
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Your diary says you have 1040 calories left today, without accounting for any exercise you may or may not do. You can't make it fit? Try harder.

Because I have all my meals planned out today, and today is my rest day soooo lol.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    A piece of lindt (or other good quaklity) dark chocolate. If I really can't fit into my day's calories, I will have a no sugar added hot cocoa or I will mix unsweetened cocoa and a stevia into my greek yogurt for a pseudo chocolate pudding
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I keep a pound of Trader Joe's dark chocolate in my cupboard at all times. I have 1-3 squares when I get a craving
  • rworton
    rworton Posts: 28
    Options
    I usually eat chocolate
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Because I have all my meals planned out today, and today is my rest day soooo lol.

FWIW, 50-70 calories for a piece of dark chocolate is not going to derail progress very much. i would totally either change my meal plan or accept that my weight loss is being slowed down by that little bit of calories for the day and move on *shrug*
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Chocolate... :huh:
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    We like to mix chocolate chips w/peanuts. nom nom
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Ghirardelli dark chocolate. My current obsession is their Cabernet Matinee (dark chocolate infused with a hint of natural blackberry and grape flavor). I buy the bar & will eat 1 or 2 squares (60 calories each).
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    small Hershey dark chocolate bar or a tbsp of dark chocolate chips
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate and make it fit in. Or I have chocolate whey protein shake after a workout or by adding a little cocoa powder to my smoothie. I have learned not to deprive myself of my dark chocolate bc if I do eventually I will binge.

^This. I go for the Ghiradelli squares (individually wrapped), or like many others have said, the Dove promises. Supposedly, the darker the chocolate the better - if you eat darker chocolate (60-70%) you can be satisfied with eating less of it than milk chocolate.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My husband measures out a 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips when he has a craving
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! If you want it, make it fit into your day.
  • branbury
    branbury Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When craving chocolate, I eat a HIGH cocao semi-sweet (almost no sugar) chocolate. Because it is bittersweet, I don't crave more than a square, but my craving for chocolate is gone!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You're a 20 year old woman lifting and netting 1000-1200 calories a day? :( I think you can afford some chocolate, even on a rest day.