Walden Farms Calorie Free Dressings

Options
Has anyone tried these salad dressings? They taste amazing but I'm concerned about the fact that Splenda is used in each of them. So I guess more to my point is... How bad is Splenda anyway? I've read all kinds of articles but many times I wonder... how much of the product did you give the mouse before you determined that the product is what killed it? I've heard of people dying from drinking too much water, but we know water is definately not a bad thing. Feedback??

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    People have been heavily using artificial sweeteners for a whole generation now, and no one's ever died from them. Rats get cancer when you inject them with tons of artificial sweeteners, but then again rats get cancer from pretty much anything, which is why they're so heavily used in medical research.

If they help your weight loss any potential negative effect from the sweeteners is heavily outweighed by the health benefits of weight loss. Here is a good, balanced article on artificial sweeteners:

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/are-artificial-sweeteners-safe
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Everything causes cancer!

Okay, maybe not, but it sure seems like it. I don't believe in demonizing food. If you want to use a dressing with Splenda in it, go for it! It's not as if you're consuming large quantities of it all day every day. Everything in moderation.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I could not stand the Ranch dressing by them. It tasted weird.. I threw it out.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tony! You really do rock. :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had never heard of these before so I just looked them up. Calorie free Caesar dressing? Calorie free pancake syrup? Calorie free caramel dip? Calorie free BBQ sauce? How the hell....
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I know! I have the Pear White Balsamic Vinegar.. Oh My Word! It is just lovely.