Vegan Preworkouts/Protein Powders

lwagnitz
lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
So, I'm looking for some good vegan supplements : preworkouts/protein powders. I haven't really used any supplements besides some preworkouts.

Any good product recommendations or advice on how I should start/routine, etc?

I REALLY want to get serious about getting in shape and am just recently changing my mind set to the number on the scale to my physical fitness :flowerforyou: :smile:

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Have you tried the Vega line of supplements? I haven't tried their protein powder but their pre-workout is really good!

Feel free to friend me, I can see if I can help you get into a workout! :)
  • aquarian89
    aquarian89 Posts: 3 Member
    Second on the Vega line. They are great, but there are many other options too. My two favorite flavored protein powders are PlantFusion and SunWarrior. For a really basic protein, I like hemp protein powder. As far as pre-workouts, it depends what you are doing but Brendan Brazier (owner of the Vega line) has some great recipes in his "Thrive" books; a lot of them involve a simple carbohydrates because they provide quick energy and aren't hard to digest before a workout. An example of such a recipe is here in this article: http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2012/05/03/what-are-the-best-foods-to-eat-before-exercise-recipe-included-guest-author-brendan-brazier

I like dates before a long run but pre-workout gels (my stomach acts weird if I eat too much before a workout so I keep it light) and drinks can help, again just depends how long you are working out for. :smile:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member

I'm usually at the gym hour, hour and a half. I'm starting conditioning for soccer so I'm trying to run and do a lot of circuit training. And I lift too. I'm usually at the gym 1 hour-1.5 hours. I try and maximize my time when I'm there though.