calories

Options
ok is it good or not good to reach your calorie intake? I have to reach about 1100 to 1200 calorie intake I always get it under it. I say about 800 calories is what I eat. I can't eat anything else.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You should never net below 1200. 800 is seriously unhealthy.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    you're doing it wrong, OP.

Eat.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You're not logging. How are you calculating 800?
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good god....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ok is it good or not good to reach your calorie intake? I have to reach about 1100 to 1200 calorie intake I always get it under it. I say about 800 calories is what I eat. I can't eat anything else.

Calorie dense foods..................nuts, nut butters, olive oil, avocado, cheese, eggs

Honestly 1200 (net) is too low for most adult women. Net means you eat more if you exercise. Losing weight quickly will result in fat+muscle loss.....only the scale looks good.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat more than 800 calories, how did you get overweight in the first place?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    MFP isn't about trying to eat the fewest possible number of calories. It's about learning to eat at a healthy level for your body - not too much and not too little.

So you do need to eat all of your base calories and at least half of your exercise calories. Here are some ideas for adding healthy calories:

Chicken with the skin
    Steak
    Cheese
    Whole eggs (including deviled eggs, egg salad)
    Full fat dairy (including cottage cheese, yogurt)
    Fruit
    Peanut butter or other nut butters
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Dried fruit (raisins, apricots, apples)
    Dark chocolate
    Salmon
    Add Chia seeds to salads or yogurt
    Olive oil
    Smoothies
    Granola/sports nutrition bars
    Whole grains or whole grain products (like brown rice, Quinoa, oatmeal)
    Beans and legumes
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I say about 800 calories is what I eat.

gaga+facepalm.gif
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I... Can't.... Even.

srslyguise.jpg
  • trogalicious
    Options
    hold up, hold up...

OP. You aren't logging accurately to start with. That's your first problem.

how many grams are in "1 large sweet potato" anyway? I've seen some big-*kitten* sweet potatoes in my day. A few hundred grams. Easily. The difference between your "1 large" and my "203 g" of sweet potato is accuracy.

You can't live off of special k bites, generic diary entries, and oatmeal. It doesn't work that way.

Oh yeah, you've logged two days since april? Yeah, doesn't work that way either.

So. Get your logging accurate first, then yeah, eat more... because right now, you're just guessing. Guessing does NO ONE any good. Especially if you come here to ask... because you're wasting your time, and that of anyone else that responds.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat more than 800 calories, how did you get overweight in the first place?

slow_clap-s500x371-139710.png
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

This...all day every day!!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    On the bright side, you're probably underestimating your intake so you're not really eating only 800 calories/day.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It is very hard to get enough vitamins and nutrients at 800 calories a day. You are very likely to be deficient in something, which can cause problems later in life.

You don't have to add a lot of extra food in order to increase your calories. Take the advice above about adding in more calorie dense foods. Roast your veggies in olive oil. Replace any "diet" foods with the full-calorie versions. Use full fat milk and cheese. Use sauces or gravy on your meals. Cook with butter, coconut oil, or olive oil. Have a handful of nuts. There are a lot of ways to boost your calories by a few hundred calories per meal without adding a lot of extra volume to your food.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    nevermind, you guys covered it
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    :huh: I ate 800 calories for lunch. :drinker:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    hold up, hold up...

OP. You aren't logging accurately to start with. That's your first problem.

how many grams are in "1 large sweet potato" anyway? I've seen some big-*kitten* sweet potatoes in my day. A few hundred grams. Easily. The difference between your "1 large" and my "203 g" of sweet potato is accuracy.

You can't live off of special k bites, generic diary entries, and oatmeal. It doesn't work that way.

Oh yeah, you've logged two days since april? Yeah, doesn't work that way either.

So. Get your logging accurate first, then yeah, eat more... because right now, you're just guessing. Guessing does NO ONE any good. Especially if you come here to ask... because you're wasting your time, and that of anyone else that responds.

Bowing to Trog
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    wow I did see a difference in my scale. I'm losing too fast. I just ate a hotdog for lunch. with a few chips. and a ice tea. it is too hard to shop on what you need when you don't really have any money. One of you said that how did I gain weight in the first place? I over ate because I was depressed about not having work I don't have money and I wasn't having a social life with no one. Stood home most of the day. I am going to write everything down that everyone is telling me about certain foods. I love olive oil. I will cook with that more often. I was counting my calories on here. adding what I ate morning noon and night. But I guess it wasn't enough
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I was counting my calories on here. adding what I ate morning noon and night. But I guess it wasn't enough
    your public food diary begs to differ.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    ok is it good or not good to reach your calorie intake? I have to reach about 1100 to 1200 calorie intake I always get it under it. I say about 800 calories is what I eat. I won't eat anything else.

Fixed.