I could do with a diet buddy/motivator!

Hello!

I've been on and off this site for over a year (mainly off) and I've only just come across the forums. I think it would be nice to find someone who can help motivate me! I manage to keep to it for a bit but I slip so easily. I think if I had someone to answer to I would put more effort into keeping in check.

I'm only 24 and I'm not happy that I've got all this weight to lose. These are the years when I should be looking my best but I'm wasting it away by not being able to wear the clothes I want to, hiding away from beaches and locking myself in the house whenever it's hot outside. But yet I can't seem to motivate myself enough do anything about it. I just forget about it by avoiding looking at myself in the mirror.

Is there anyone out there who has got the hang of this but has still got weight to lose (I want to feel like we're doing it together!) that has time in the evening to exchange a few messages to talk about how we've both done that day? We can stop each other from slipping up and help when we're feeling low. I live with my boyfriend but he is slim and has no weight to lose so he doesn't need to eat carefuly. I find it hard doing all the cooking and him not being able to relate. So if there's anyone out there that can it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for taking the time out to read this :)

Lots of love

Replies

• always looking to help motivate others as well as helping myself. I've been on and off here and as you said mostly off..lol I have finally gotten into a routine and have not feel off the wagon in about a month. Good luck to you! :)
  • har465
    har465 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi - feel free to add me! I just started in with the forums as well last week although have been tracking since Sept, and have added a few like-minded motivating friends. It is nice to see comments when I log-in in the morning of people's good and bad moments with tracking, exercise, weight loss, life.

I can't say I have got the hang of losing weight, but it is coming off, slowly albeit. I have been doing a lot of reading on healthy and clean eating lately, and trying a lot of new recipes so always happy to share. I cook for 2 small kids who just want it to taste good, and a husband who isn't concerned about weight loss, so it is a balancing act for me as well.
  • FutureMrsM2015
    FutureMrsM2015 Posts: 70 Member
    Hello!

I've been on and off this site for over a year (mainly off) and I've only just come across the forums. I think it would be nice to find someone who can help motivate me! I manage to keep to it for a bit but I slip so easily. I think if I had someone to answer to I would put more effort into keeping in check.

I'm only 24 and I'm not happy that I've got all this weight to lose. These are the years when I should be looking my best but I'm wasting it away by not being able to wear the clothes I want to, hiding away from beaches and locking myself in the house whenever it's hot outside. But yet I can't seem to motivate myself enough do anything about it. I just forget about it by avoiding looking at myself in the mirror.

Is there anyone out there who has got the hang of this but has still got weight to lose (I want to feel like we're doing it together!) that has time in the evening to exchange a few messages to talk about how we've both done that day? We can stop each other from slipping up and help when we're feeling low. I live with my boyfriend but he is slim and has no weight to lose so he doesn't need to eat carefuly. I find it hard doing all the cooking and him not being able to relate. So if there's anyone out there that can it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for taking the time out to read this :)

Lots of love

Please feel free to add me, my story is on my profile!!