Weight Loss Tips/Advice, What do you think is doable?

Options
Hi, I am a college senior about to graduate in 6 weeks! I have been working out and eating a low carb diet but my inconsistency has not helped me and I not at the weight I was hoping for, for this week. I am 5'1 on the petite side and currently 116. Last week I was in the 113's so my weight fluctuates a lot! Anways I am striving for a 6-8 pound weight loss in 6 weeks, maybe more but I want to be realistic. Do you think this is a doable goal? I plan on sticking to my Ketogenic Diet and working out 5-6 times a week. 4-5 days cardio and 2-3 days weights. I am also going to do 2-3 group cardio classes a week. Since I am at my last 10 pounds to lose I know its going to not be easy because my body will want to hold on to the weight but what are some tips. I started a journal to write down everything I eat and my exercise for the day to keep track and I already took measurements. I haven't been under 113 in months. I am using my graduation weekend as a goal to motivate me because my whole family will be visiting and we will be spending a lot of time by the pool at the hotel and I want to look and feel great! Tips? Comments? thanks!

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the smart girl in school who complained how a test was sooo hard and that she probably failed it.

but got a 98%.
  • Fit4Life004
    Fit4Life004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Haha, thats super funny because last week I thought I bombed my biopsych exam and ended up getting an A! haha I am not complaining about losing weight. I am willing to make an effort and try hard. Just because I am fit, I still have room for improvement tho.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You are already within a healthy weight range, so the weight loss is going to be slow. My advice would be to aim for 1/2 pound per week and make sure you're doing a progressive strength training routine. That might be slower than you want, but you'll retain your lean muscle mass and reshape your body in the process.

Also, check out the sexypants guide for lots of good tips and links: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You're in a healthy weight range... now it's just time to be healthy.

Focus on keeping your water retention down and staying active. Your workout plan sounds great, just make sure you are eating enough protein to support weight training. And try to ENJOY your last 6 weeks of college!
  • Fit4Life004
    Fit4Life004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    As previously mentioned, you're in a healthy weight range. I would go to maintenance and start lifting heavy 3-4 days a week and cut the cardio way down, maybe 1-2 days per week if even that much.

Rigger