Black Coffee

Options
Who knew that black coffee had 2 calories?????!!!!!!! Think I need to up my green tea!!

Anyone else found any strange calories whilst updating their food diary??

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I always said that I could never give up my morning coffee and here I am on day 7 of a week long cleanse where I was not allowed coffee . . . there is a first time for everything! Im really looking forward to tomorrow morning when i can have a cup again!
    I used to drink a lot of coffee but have cut it back to 2 small cups, and both before 9am, then it is onto water for the rest of the day with a cup of herbal tea here and there at times.

I guess my biggest awakening of calories are all condiments (except mustard as it is quite low). it is shocking at how much a meal can add up in calories with just a teaspoon of a few condiments.

Love you pic, looks exactly like my pup at home, I did a double take!
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Two calories that are worth it. With three cups a day, that makes 6 calories a day, 42 a week, 210 a month, 2,190 a year. Less than a calorie gained in a year off coffee. It is not what is to blame. Now, if I could have got the donut I had with it to have only 2 calories. I gave up the donut, not the coffee.

In fact, yesterday I got my wife and I a home coffee roaster and green coffee. We roasted our first batch last night and the pot just brewed. It is so worth the 2 calories.

Remember to drink the water. I was told one cup of water for each cup of coffee.
  • qwants2bslimmer
    qwants2bslimmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will be able to give up coffee but it was quite interesting realising the calorie value. I tend to drink around 3 a day during the week and probably 3 or 4 during the weekend it depends on how socialable I am being!

I do try to drink water, I am much better when I am work as I always have a bottle beside me, tend to forget when I am at home - although I do drink green tea which I count towards my water during the day.

My dog's name is Benji (sat beside me now!) he is cute most of the time!!!