Juice plus - newbie

Options

Replies

• smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've done juicing before in general, for about 1-2 weeks and lost 6-7 lbs.
    It's hard at first, but you adjust and definitely see results with not only weight loss but
    also in how you feel and look. I might do it again to crush my plateau and flush toxins :)

Juice Plus is not the same as juicing. It's a supplement.

OP, I used it for awhile. I saw absolutely no benefit from it and lost no weight while using it. I lost weight because I ate at a calorie deficit. I did however lose a lot of money while using it.

Best answer yet.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your liver and kidneys both failed :ohwell:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    JuicePlus+ has been credited by its supporters as curing everything from migraines to autism.

Sounds more like a religion than a weight-loss sup. Dogma either way is dangerous once a following of zealots forms. I hope they don't have coaches.

Rigger
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Navyrigger, Thanks you for your comments and I would love to hear people success with their weight loss.

My mind has not been made up thats why I asked if people had has success so them who havent can explain why.

My post was not put up by a stupid women wanting everyone on here to tell me its a miracle diet and to go for it, I wanted general responses to help me make the decision not smart *kitten* responses from people telling me about how I plan to waste my money.
    it's simple. You don't buy weight loss. Juiceplus is yet another pyramid scheme that tries to suck people in to paying for a bottle of expectations.

problem is, you buy them, don't lose weight... but that distributor still has your money.

there is no reason to believe that your body doesn't detox itself. That was already answered a few posts in. No reason to get snippy about any of this.

Agree with this. I think one thing that is confusing is that there are 2 things being asked about: 1) JuicePlus+ (a vitamin supplement) and 2) Juicing. I think we can all agree that you're not going to find a lot of support on MFP when it comes to juicing. As for JuicePlus+, that is definitely not a weight loss system - it is marketed as a vitamin where they claim to squeeze a ton of fruits, vegetables and berries down into little capsules that you can eat every day and get all kinds of super powers in the health department. I have a friend who is a distributor so to be nice, I tried it for a few months. Did not notice anything in the way of improved health. And it is REALLY expensive.

What has worked for me to feel healthy, have energy and avoid being sick on the regular has come from 1) eating sensibly 2) exercising most days 3) getting good sleep 4) drinking more water.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

User Deactivated.

charshan87 has deactivated their account.

It's over. /thread
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

User Deactivated.

It's over. /thread

like a candle in the wind, that one..
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    JuicePlus+ has been credited by its supporters as curing everything from migraines to autism.

Sounds more like a religion than a weight-loss sup. Dogma either way is dangerous once a following of zealots forms. I hope they don't have coaches.

Rigger
    I know so much about it because I have a friend who sells it. It IS more like a religion, only the prosthelatyzing (sp??) is worse than the most ardent Christian.
  • Loopycute
    Options
    I done it and it worked well. Pretty hard the first 3 days so if you are a working person start during your days off and that should do it.. I lost 6-8 lbs. Good luck. :smile:
  • mikkidixon
    mikkidixon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    you should watch "Sick, Fat and nearly Dead" its about juicing. I have tried it but its hard, I lost 11 pounds in two weeks and kept it off
  • DJLMB
    DJLMB Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

If there was a way to copy this and stick it on my fridge, I'd be half way there :D
  • rml_16
    Options
    you should watch "Sick, Fat and nearly Dead" its about juicing. I have tried it but its hard, I lost 11 pounds in two weeks and kept it off
    It's propaganda.

And, again, JuicePlus+ is not juicing.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

If there was a way to copy this and stick it on my fridge, I'd be half way there :D
    cheap kids android tablet + duct tape. boom. done.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Utter waste of money. Only benefit is the seller makes money.

You are on MFP which has it's own system of losing weight. The system MFP uses is setting a calorie deficit that you would lose weight only by eating less, then if you exercise you eat your exercise calories. For this reason, here on MFP it is unlikely you will find much support for supplementary diets.

Many people have come to this site AFTER trying supplements to quick slim because in reality they don't work. If they worked we wouldn't be here.

Listen to the answers, take a minute to accept the truth and move on. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Has it been said yet? If you want to flush toxins for better health then drink lots of water. This is scientifically sound.

If you want to do a juice diet for the added vitamins and minerals, there are better ways to do it; multivitamins are great for the lazy/low eaters, otherwise just incorporate fruit and veg.

Hell, do all three for optimal health: drink lots of water, take a multivitamin, eat as much fruit and veg as your diet allows and in variety.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

User Deactivated.

It's over. /thread

Wow hung in since June of 2013, and gives up over this thread? I guess it makes the decision to do a magic diet a lot easier if you don't have people telling you why you shouldn't
  • Hansonian
    Hansonian Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Honey, don't listen to all the negative comments. I hate that the negativity is here but it's just a fact of the internet. If it's a forum, there will be some negative nancy's.

That being said, behind all of their sarcasm, they do have a point. Juice Cleanses are really only good for losing water weight or if you have actual bodily problems (i.e. your liver). They may work for a little while because you're losing that water weight and some muscle, but once you go off the juice "cleanse" you will most likely gain back that weight very quickly. Then you'll be the same weight and a fair amount of money poorer (depending on your specific cleanse).

Also, juicing seems like a nice way to get some fruits and veggies but juicing actually removes some of the nutrients from the produce. And juice isn't as filling as whole fruits and veggies so you're more likely to be hungry and "cheat." As far as detoxing, it was a big fad a few years ago but as long as you have a healthy functioning liver/intestines/kidneys, it really isn't going to do anything for you. Your body is a powerhouse and as long as you feed it right, it will do it's job! :)

I seriously considered going on a Juice Cleanse but after doing some research and talking to my doctor, I found out that just buying high quality fruits and veggies and a good blender to make smoothies was a better option (along with high quality proteins and healthy fats in my diet).

Either way, it could be a satisfying to finish a juice diet but ultimately you probably won't see any long term results. Whatever you choose, good luck!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Has it been said yet? If you want to flush toxins for better health then drink lots of water. This is scientifically sound.

If you want to do a juice diet for the added vitamins and minerals, there are better ways to do it; multivitamins are great for the lazy/low eaters, otherwise just incorporate fruit and veg.

Hell, do all three for optimal health: drink lots of water, take a multivitamin, eat as much fruit and veg as your diet allows and in variety.

JUICEPLUS+ IS NOT A JUICE DIET. IT IS NOT JUICING. IT IS A SUPPLEMENT.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the whole thread, but it looks like the OP deactivated their account. May I assume things escalated quickly?

OP, if you check this, I had one comment to make to you in a PM. Hit me up if you're interested.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

Really? Can we get that infomercial branded as such, so people stop taking it seriously as a documentary?

Rigger