Lunch ideas?

Options
JesiDM
JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
Hi everyone. I'm going back to work in a couple of weeks and was hoping for some good lunch ideas. Currently on maternity leave and am trying to lose the weight I gained back during pregnancy and the extra as well. I never used to eat at work but I'm currently breastfeeding and I know that no food is not really an option! I'm trying for cheap and quick. Any ideas would really be appreciated though! Thanks all! :)

Replies

• p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I usually have salad with chicken, homemade turkey burger, egg muffins, cottage cheese, cous cous, egg...you can pretty much put anything in a salad! Just chuck it all in and voila!

Snacks, trail bar, nuts, fruit, cottage cheese, boiled egg.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Leftovers, salads, wraps, yogurt, fresh fruit.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Salads are great, as are sandwiches. And you can always bring dinner leftovers, too (that's what I typically do). Depending on your appetite, you may just want to bring some small, healthy snacks to munch on during the day. Greek yogurt, nuts, fruits and vegetables are good options, and they're really great at keeping your energy going throughout the day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Today is cottage cheese, fruit, and a veggie side.

Soup, whole wheat crackers, fruit

Snacky type things - hard boiled egg, string cheese, veggies & dip, fruit.

Wraps (like a sandwich) but it changes things up with different veggies added. Wrap turkey, cheese, romaine, shredded carrot, a dill pickle spear..... and smear on dill spread (greek yogurt & dill weed).....or reduced fat cream cheese.

Instead of just turkey.....tuna salad or egg salad

You can do so many things with salad.....I grill up a bunch of chicken (put in ziplock sandwich bags)....have a southwest chicken salad, or an oriental chicken salad. Spinach salad with feta, strawberries, almonds & raspberry vinaigrette

Second (current) thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1246285-lunch-at-work-ideas
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I can never seem to think of anything when I go to make a list lol! Thanks for the other link. Didn't see that when I had posted this one :)
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I usually bring leftovers from dinner the night before. If I don't have those, I am lucky enough to be able to cook at work so I am not much help.