Did my new lifestyle cause this?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The low blood pressure is likely the cause of you being cold all of the time. The question becomes, what is causing the low blood pressure. B-12 and/or iron anemia would be my first thought. Also, if you do not take in enough dietary fat that can jack with hormones pretty good which can cause issues as well as interfere with nutrient absorption. The third thing that comes to my mind would be an increase in water intake and substantial decrease in sodium intake (which happens a lot when people go on diets)...basically throwing off your PH and making you electrolyte deficient (not that this can also happen if you've been prescribed a diuretic).
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have MFP set to lose 1 pound a week. If I do two pounds it drops me to 1200 calories and that is BS. So I set for 1 pound a week.

For the person who asked my age, I just turned 48.

My sodium is within range, as are my carbs. I go over on protein every day because I eat close to 100 grams a day and MFP says I should only eat 67 grams.

I cut out 0 food groups. For example I am having a hamburger and fries for dinner tonight (home made burger). With 2 slices of full fat cheese. I don't do low fat, or fake sugar because that stuff makes me sick.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Eat more fat. Avocados dredged in eggs and panko crumbs and fried in coconut oil is a sure way to warm up. also I really think you should be eating 1700 at least! you lose slower but healthier and its way easier to maintain!
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing weight I was freezing all the time. I think it's because your body is trying to conserve energy by slowing everything down and lowering your temperature. I have low blood pressure too, lower than yours though. Maybe if you exercise more and eat the calories back it will help. Getting moving will definitely help get the blood circulating and maybe warm you up, especially if you do it in shorter bursts throughout the day, like maybe 10 minutes 3X a day? I think I tried that but I can't remember the results....I'm pregnant now so I'm not cutting calories and am always hot from hormones. Problem solved so yeah, get pregnant....lol.
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am 48, no getting pregnant for me. But that does bring up something else I have done in the last month. I went off the pill. I don't need it because we use other contraception. But it is full of hormones so my husband is wondering if that could be my issue.