Looking for fellow maintainers ....

Options
Hey all. I am looking for a few more friends who are maintaining like me. I lost 60 lbs from May-Dec, starting at 189 and currently weigh in at 130. I've been fluctuating between 129-133 for about 4 months now. I still work out 5-6 days a week and watch what I eat. I eat around 1600 calories a day and am comfortable eating back my work out calories. (I'm also 28 & 5'6.)

Message/friend me if this sounds like you.

Replies

• ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    that is definitely me I am NOT looking to lose any weight at all. My current goals are to bulk up and then to cut to get more definition. But I certainly don't want to lose anymore weight at all.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sending FR!

I have been maintaining for about a year now. I started at 174 now I flucuate between 136-139 and I am 5'7". I workout 4-5 times a week depending on the family's schedule. I set my limit at 1450 cal a day but I usually take the weekends off of logging.... or I will log most of the day and then not worry about dinner so much.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I already added OP, but feel free to add me as well! I've been maintaining since January. Took me a while to figure out how much to eat to stop losing. I'm maintaining my weight between 126-129 lbs, and I'm 5'4". I track carefully during the week, eating between 2000 and 2250, and then I tend to not track on the weekends now that I'm maintaining- just makes things feel more sustainable for me. Would be happy to have new friends that are also maintaining!
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a maintainer :) I actually am trying to lose a bit more fat and continue to build strength but I don't even weight anymore and not looking to lose serious poundage. Feel free to add :)
  • Allyvegan
    Allyvegan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I could use some maintenance friends, as well! I'm still trying to get the balance, as I'm continuing to lose. I cook all my meals and eat whole foods, so I don't count calories (eat everything balanced/in moderation). I'm also trying to gain strength and endurance for running.. so trying to eat a couple more small meals in the day. It's a bit of a tough transition!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for about six months. I lost about 27 poounds and i vary about 5 pounds up and down. I'm 67 and 5'4". I do a good amount of exercising and am sort of lax at logging every day. I'm on the site every day though to keep track of friends and and post messages here and there. i've been active on MFP for 635 days.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am easing into maintenance, and net 1600-1700 calories.
    I workout 5-7 days per week, intensely. I total between 2200 and 3000 calories generally.
    Feel free to add me, and feel free to check my profile before adding me to check we are a good fit.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Maintaining here too since late last year. I don't log food anymore though, but I do log workouts - use TDEE method, so don't tracks calories.
    I do mostly strength training with a little bit of yoga and the odd bit of basic cardio thrown in (whatever I feel like really lol).

Feel free to add if you like :smile:
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm maintaining too and we have the same stats (29 y/o, 5'5.5", 130lbs), I will send you a FR!
  • shantz85
    shantz85 Posts: 41
    Options
    This sounds like me! I'm also 28 5'6. I weigh 120 (down from 142). I am looking to maintain my weight but tone my lower body more.
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 5'4" 133lb. My calories are set to maintenance. I try to leave a little deficit when I can. I'm trying to lose a little more belly fat. But I find that most days I'm hungry and eat around 1800-2400 calories per day.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I could use some maintenance friends too. I've only been in maintenance for a few weeks.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im a newbie to maintaining my weight. I just started last week and had a jump in calories from 1510 to 1960. Finding it very hard to eat this much but trying! I'm 31, 5'2" 122-125lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • kklepeis
    kklepeis Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a newbie to maintaining weight and this app.

Since January I went on a rigorous training program and ate good whole foods and lost 37lbs (17% of my body weight). I'm now down to 186lbs and looking to keep it within the 180s or less.

Does anyone now what fitness watches work well with the MyFitnessPal app??

Feel free to add me :)
  • rentserenity
    rentserenity Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anyone's free to add me. I just started figuring out my maintenance calories. Currently eating ~1900 and eating back my cardio calories. 5'6, 130 lbs.
  • positivity1967
    Options
    hi ive been maintaining for almost six months now and id love to be added as a friend so we can support one another, if thats good to you?!

h
  • 1973mikeg
    1973mikeg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been at my goal weight for about a month. This is my second time around. I lost over 75 lbs back in 2008. My friend and I went to weight watchers. My weight did go up and down about 10 lbs between the summer and winter. I was able to maintain the weight until 2011. I lost my job for a year and lost focus on the weight and eating properly. I gained back the weight. I joined MFP last year and I am back to goal. I am now at 164 from 217.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I'm a maintainer now .. and whoa, it is much harder than the calorie deficit thing.

Finding it hard to get in those extra calories in a reasonable fashion. Sure I can eat **** but don't want to go there too often.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining too. Happy for anyone to add me!
  • amielou42
    amielou42 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also maintaining! I'm 28 and 5'7 at 136lbs. I lost 21kg over the last year and work out as often as I can (although I'm recovering from a burnout and can't workout as much at the moment). I'd love to connect with more people. Like some others on here I'm not losing any more but would love to reduce some fat, tone up and bulk my skinny arms up :-) I love running, XFit, race biking and am up for trying new sports out all the time.