MP3 Players

Options
I have started biking and walking longer outdoors and I find it tiring at times when I don't have a MP3 player to keep me company. My husband has an Ipod Touch Gen 3 which I LOVE, but he takes it to work with him every day and that's usually the time I exercise.

I can't afford to buy a new Ipod Touch or even a Shuffle for that matter (they were almost $50 on Amazon) since I just ordered my first HRM which was more important.

I was wondering do any of you have any suggestions for a temporary MP3 player until I can get the money to get a better one? I am looking for something under $30 hopefully... maybe a bit more.. I use Amazon alot so it's a plus if it's on there...

Thanks guys!

Replies

• deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    try tigerdirect . com and search for "sandisk mp3" the first 2 that came up for me are less that $30 USD. I have a sandisk player and LOVE it!! GL... HTH.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    There are plenty on amazon but do you know I would just hang on till you can get what you really want. Why get a rubbishy thing that you then dispose of? Do right for you (goal of x lbs lost =purchase of a touch or get your hubby to give you his when you get to x weight ;))
    Good for you and good for your pocket- you will end up replacing the cheapo one! You deserve the best!!!!!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I really liked my sandisk one--it worked great and it was user friendly. I replaced it with a iPod Touch (which I don't know how I ever lived without!) but as far as music goes, I prefered my Sandisk player to the actual music functions of the iPod Touch (but I do love the apps!)
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like Sandisk. I have many mp3 players, but my favorites are Sandisk.

I know how important that music is while you're exercising, so I would go ahead and get a Sandisk with a smaller capacity until you can get the one you really want. Then, if something happens to your "good," you'll have a spare.

I do think it's better to get a decent brand with less memory than to get a cheap model with more memory. I still have my very first mp3 player with its piddly 256mb capacity, and that's plenty of music to hold me over for a few hours when I use it.

A 1-2gb player would be plenty to keep your mind occupied until you can get a new one that meets your exact specifications.

Don't forget to check ebay as well as Target and Amazon and the other good shopping sites.
  • Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My young boys both have ones that I purchased at Walmart. If you are only going to use it when you are exercising, it will work fine. They hold plenty of songs and are fairly easy to use. I have a Sony one that was about $90 that I use when I run but I could just as easily use the cheaper ones! They all play music and as long as they will hold the songs you want, it really shouldn't matter how much it costs or how many apps it has, at least it doesn't to me!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You could also check out e bay, my touch was second hand, was like new, and now that the 4th gen is out there 3rd gens will have dropped in price! Can't beat a bargain!