Raise your hand if you look younger after losing weight!!!

Options
STLBADGIRL
STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
I was just sifting through success stories and looking through pictures and it is amazing how much younger looking people are after they lose weight - by 10 and 20 years. That's impressive and really inspiring.

So please check in here and toot your own horn if you have been told that you look younger or if "you" feel like you look younger.

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Lol someone actually told me last week that I look younger every time he sees me, that made me laugh as I've always looked very young. I'm 25, but could probably pass for 18
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think I do but my age has also always been tied to my facial hair. Younger when I shave. But I was always told that I look younger and happier after I lost weight
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't know about looking younger but feeling better for sure!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have gone through a couple of phases as I have lost weight. Generally speaking, I think I look roughly my age (37) but I like it when people think I am closer to 30 or assume I am the same age as my husband (he is five years younger).

I think at my heaviest (307 lb) I looked older and frumpier. But once I lost about 40 lb, close to my MFP start weight, I feel like I looked younger. My face was fuller, but not in a bad way...in a rosy wrinkle free skin way - and I was regularly mistaken for being in my late 20's at age 34-35.

But then when I started losing weight pretty rapidly last summer, I think there was a period of about 4-5 months when I truly looked a bit "off", like my face was thinning out quickly and my neck looked really turkeyish and odd. I think I looked older then than I do now.

Now I feel like my face has stopped changing as much with my continued loss, but my body being slimmer allows me to wear a lot more trendy/juniors clothing. I am super careful to do it in a way that's appropriate for a 30-something though...I'm not wearing tight crazy stuff from Hot Topic or any stuff that screams teen. I think that's one thing that has caused some newer people I've met to assume I am more like 30-32 instead of pushing 40.

I had a woman *I* graduated from high school with ask me if I was friends with her sister, who graduated in 2006 (we are class of 1995 so that was a big win). She really thought I was in that age group, YAY...granted this woman has kids in their teens, which is not unheard of for someone my age. But that made me feel good!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Not sure about looking younger; having less fat in my face seems to show up my new wrinkles :laugh: but I feel infinitely better and more confident.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!