Anyone else feel guilty when you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment. And I am eating about 1800 calories/day. I'm not starving myself or anything. I just feel guilty every time I eat.

It's definitely a good to note it and talk to your doctor. I still have issues with feeling guilty if I eat, or feeling guilty for eating on days I don't work out. I'm in recovery from an eating disorder, and guilt and control over my eating was definitely a big part of my ED.

It's good you're not starving yourself, but beware of that pattern of thought. Try substituting every thought of "I shouldn't be eating for ____ (whatever reason)" with "I need to eat to keep my organs running; I need to eat to repair my body after working out; I need to eat to keep myself from getting sick" and so on.

Good luck.
  • Fridaklo77
    Fridaklo77 Posts: 124
    Options
    When i dont do my T25, yes, I am very guilty! I have gained quite a bit this past year... and will lose it.....! dont worry every day is a new day
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I do if I have eaten something I consider less than healthy, or if I feel I have been overly greedy (even if within my calories). Also if my weight is up then yes, I tend to feel guilty, but I have a history of eating disorders and although physically recovered, the mental aspects remain to a degree. But regardless, I continue to eat, and do not give into those feelings of guilt.
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I understand. I think people need to understand that when you have used food to overeat and it has caused you to gain weight sometimes people view it while dieting as a bad thing. I can only speak for myself but I find it hard to eat sometimes. My only thought process is if I don't than I won't lose weight. Its challenging for me.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Quite the opposite for me. I see my food as that which fuels all the awesome things I do!
    Seek help. This type of thinking is very indicative of disordered eating. A counselor can help you better than a bunch of us yahoos on the internet. Please go get help, it's not normal, and very dangerous.

This.
  • vermillionlove
    vermillionlove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I kind of did before I realized how many calories a body needs to function. for the most part, I can eat and enjoy myself without eating "too much" :) if you are meeting your calorie goal, that's just fine and is suggested. I suppose it's normal to feel a little guilt if you go over your goal, but when that happen you just try to stick to your goal the next day, no biggie. :)