Best wrist HRM? Thought I would ask you guys.

Options
Hello,

I work in a place where a chest band or even a bulky apparatus such as the bodymedia fit is impractical to use. I wish to monitor my body as much as I can. However I must disguise my HRM as a wrist watch. Which one can I get that monitors Heart rate and calories burned with the most accuracy on the wrist.

Thanks guys,

Replies

• jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    HRMs are designed to monitor steady-state cardio activity. Wearing one all day will not give you any kind of accurate information. You might consider something like the FitBit or Nike Fuel Band. They don't monitor hear rate, but they're pretty good at monitoring general activity. Some models of the FitBit can just clip to your waistband.
  • luckdragon987
    Options
    That is just it.... I can't have anything that clips to my waistband. No chest bands. It has to look like a bracelet or wristwatch.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    FitBit Flex, Nike Fuel band, or similar, then.

I don't think I'd like to work somewhere where they check what's clipped to my underwear ;)
  • luckdragon987
    Options
    I work in a prison. They are real particular about what electronics they let in. They have had people smuggle sim cards for cell phones and all kinds of stuff in. So we have to clear a metal detector with everything else that won't clear hand inspected. Think airport security check point. But alot more restrictive.