Blood Pressure

Options
Is it possible to lower your blood pressure after just one week of exercise? That's what the machine is telling me. And I gave myself three consecutive readings last time and this time. But is it possible that I'm somehow getting false readings? Also, my diet is still not that great. So I'm happy but skeptical.

Replies

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Exercise alone might not be enough. There are a number of factors to be considered. Best to consult a healthcare provider for a detailed plan of action. A good start, however, is drinking up your water. And plenty of it. About 2-3 liters per day or more if you exercise hard. This will keep you hydrated, not just during exercise. It will also help to flush excess water out of your body, which can help lower your blood pressure right there, and it can happen fairly quickly, too.
    Good luck!
  • shawndimantha
    Options
    Losing weight is the most important step along with diet. Check out the DASH diet, which has been proven to help people lower blood pressure in a couple of weeks if followed consistently: http://dashdiet.org/