Fruit

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
So I have already posted a topic before for smoothie recipes and got a lot of good ones. Now I was going to make one and my hubby made me question whether the frozen fruit in the freezer from Costco is still good or not. The package says till July I believe but he feels it may no longer be good due to all the frostbite on it and the fact that it has been in there at least for like 8 months. What are your thoughts? Should I eat it?? :laugh: :happy:

Replies

• Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    it should be fine unless it thawed out and left thawed and re freezed otherwise you are ok to eat it.

you can do that with milk too. just calculate the amount of time til it expires, freeze it and when you thaw it use the number you calculated and that will be the new expiration date. as long as it stayed frozen.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Freezer burn doesn't mean spoiled, it just may not taste as good or have a slightly different texture. Now with meat I may be more concerned but not fruit.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    If it's freezer burned enough it might not taste good but it should still be safe to eat.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    It takes a while to go bad. If it just has a bunch of ice crystals, pour the fruit into a bowl, and add water to the top. Cover all the fruit, and wait 30 seconds. Pour out the water. Most of the freezer ice will be gone.
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Even if it does taste a little off, if you're putting it in a smoothie you probably wont notice any difference.