Starting herbalife, anyone else?

PteFabulous
PteFabulous Posts: 16 Member
Hey all,

I just started herbalife yesterday, my friend is a distributor and lost 12 pounds in 3 months so I figured I'd support her new job and see if it works for me too. Is there anyone else who has started this program, or other diet program that would want to be friends and hopefully motivate each other?

Replies

• I started Herbalife about 5 weeks ago and have lost 16 pounds. The first week I lost 8 lbs. Then the weight loss stopped for the next two weeks. I started exercising and I finally started to lose weight again. I have made a lot of diet changes and increased my water intake. I wouldn't give herbalife all the credit because I had to change a lot to see results! But it does help keep you full in between snacks and dinner. I've noticed it controls my cravings for sweets also. Goodluck!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Welcome! You'll find support for Herbalife a little thin in the general forums. Check out the Group Forums - Herbalife Sharing and support.
  • PteFabulous
    Welcome! You'll find support for Herbalife a little thin in the general forums. Check out the Group Forums - Herbalife Sharing and support.

Thanks!
  • PteFabulous
    I started Herbalife about 5 weeks ago and have lost 16 pounds. The first week I lost 8 lbs. Then the weight loss stopped for the next two weeks. I started exercising and I finally started to lose weight again. I have made a lot of diet changes and increased my water intake. I wouldn't give herbalife all the credit because I had to change a lot to see results! But it does help keep you full in between snacks and dinner. I've noticed it controls my cravings for sweets also. Goodluck!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! For me, I do work out and eat pretty healthy, I think my issue is portion control. So with the shakes at least is a program that limits my actually meals, I just have to be careful about what I'm eating during my on meal and snacks. Thanks!
  • Ashleygrand86
    Ashleygrand86 Posts: 35 Member
    I think I am following the 'arch enemy' plan - Juice Plus.

but hey, our end goals are the same... Good Luck! xx
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member

Yeah, because of things like this: http://preventdisease.com/news/14/030614_Herbalife-Misrepresentation-Health-Great-Promoter-of-GMO-Dangerous-Chemicals.shtml

Why would you encourage people to use dangerous substances to achieve something a proper diet will much more effectively and without possibly irreversible side effects?
  • I just started this week (day 2) just wondering what are you using for your shakes?
  • gis_el
    gis_el Posts: 4
    I started last, got sick so I fell off the plan. I'm going to start tomorrow and will post results soon
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    shake-head-no.gif?w=640
  • lost75150
    lost75150 Posts: 2
    hi - i started the herballife program on May 31 2014
    i am looking for anyone that can help me reach my goal weight 142 need to loose 30lbs

3 weeks into the program i was getting very constipated had to take laxatives not good!
    what am i doing wrong?
    i weight myself again after that the next morning i had lost 4lbs?? any suggestions on what i can do to eliminate the constipation in my like :-( don't want to add more pills to my program...

workout 3x a week
    shake for breakfast and dinner
    taking my herballife pills as directed.
    sincerely
    lost
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    shake-head-no.gif?w=640
    Double noooooooooooooowwwwpe.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    :noway: I just looked at the juice plus website. Why not, make your own shakes and just eat at a deficit, i've learnt that much since i've been on MFP lol good luck
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    I lost weight the old fashion way, eating at a deficit and exercising!! :noway: :ohwell:
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member
    I lost weight the old fashion way, eating at a deficit and exercising!! :noway: :ohwell:

This^
  • liz_walkerrr
    liz_walkerrr Posts: 38 Member

This^

Double ^^ this. Why is it such a shocker for people to do this nowadays? I have a cousin that cannot accept that fact that I'm losing weight strictly by diet and exercise with NO supplements other than a multivitamin. Drives me batsh*t crazy.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member

+3
  • pmsherlock
    pmsherlock Posts: 56
    Herbalife is fine, I use a mixture of that and MFP / IIFYM to lose weight. I've gone from 20stone 11 to 13 stone 4 in 11 months.

Just got to watch what they tell you and make sure your not getting sold any product. If all they push to do is sign you up as a distributor then they're just in it for the money.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    I agree. I use herbalife along with MFP and exercise. I drink herbalife once a day as a meal replacement and stick to a calorie deficit,

Herbalife is not a miracle shake. You still have to do the work. I believe that I could give up herbalife today, continue to eat at a deficit and continue to lose weight.