Question

Options
It's been awhile since I have used this app and the last time I did, I actually gained weight. I think I was eating way to many calories even with exercise. Anyway, quick question. I get a little over 1500 calories to eat and I burned 692 ( I am sync with fitbit) I still have 753 calories left Should I be eating these calories? I feel like I have eaten enough and I don't want to this to backfire on me and gain weight again.

Goal is 1560
food 1499
exercise 692
Net 807
Remaining 753

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit, my MFP goal is 1470, fitbit adjusts it to around 1800-2000 depending on my day, so I eat that. My average intake it 1900 calories. Both my mfp account and fitbit are account are set as sedentary and my loss goal of 750 defecit a week is the same on both.
    If you look at your NET calories PLUS your exercise calories it equals your MfP goal Net. So yes eat back those calories,this is what you should be aiming for.
    Best of luck, you can eat and lose weight :flowerforyou:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Generally people will eat between 1/3 to 3/4 of their exercise calories back. Wait a bit if you aren't hungry and have a little bit of something in a while. Your calorie goal is already at a deficit to make sure to eat some of your exercise calories back so you don't create too large of a deficit.
  • jes0614
    jes0614 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks, just seems like so much food LOL I've been on WW lost 50lbs, still have weight to lose since I gained some back from having surgery and not being able to move for 3 weeks. I just need a little change. I was eating a lot when I lost the 50lbs but now my body isn't liking what I was doing all along LOL Hoping between this and still doing WW will help push me along.
  • jes0614
    jes0614 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ok thanks. I will wait awhile. I just had dinner so I am quite full. I will have a snack later tonight.