I don't want to fail this time!!!

Options
Hi!
I am a binge eater, ex-calorie counter.
First of all, my binges are nothing like what I read here. The worst thing I saw wasn't even considerable as a binge for me.
Second of all, I can't diet. I can't stick to not eating the whole cake for even
3 minutes.

And I am so sick of my excuses.
I can diet, because I have to. I feel happier in a good body than in a nutella jar.
So I will start tomorrow.( I would start right now but I am about to sleep lol)

So, YOU GUYS are what I need. It would mean so much to me to know someone is here to help me go through this!

So please add me, or reply and let's be MFP buddies!

Replies

• Nadoriel
    Nadoriel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Heya

I think that what you need here is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
    with some imagination to the mixture :)

I'm loosing weight and specially fat, steady for 6 months. I don't eat clean at all... I bake my own cakes/chocolate/nutella/whatever I want, and most of the times I use sweeteners and less fat so I can eat more. And if I eat more of what I like... I'm happy. I haven't binged for months. I mean, bread 2x day with nutella/jam, chocolate every now and again, muffins and dessert after lunch and dinner... serisouly most of the times I can't eat more than that. Except once every month... for a week where I do pass my calories, but not for much and I'm perfectly allowed that. And I still loose.

Sounds good to you? :)
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    "Second of all, I can't diet. I can't stick to not eating the whole cake for even
    3 minutes. "

You can if you want it.

I am willing to help anyone every step of the way, but in the end its YOU.

If you want to lose the weight bad enough, you will find the determination to do it. It's not easy. It WILL be challenging. You have to learn self control, and find something to motivate you.

If you truly are ready to make a significant (but doable) change, then let me know.

Andrew
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I found that I really needed to be honest with myself as far as what I could and couldn't do. I would oftentimes go into the grocery store and buy something fatty and say I would only have a piece. I learned that even if I could have a piece and be within my caloric intake I still didn't need to buy it.

I would say that even if you "fall off" still log your food so you can hold yourself accountable. There were times when I would go on serious food binges but I just get back on the wagon. Its not easy but take it one step at a time.

Also i would urge you to try to pinpoint times when you are hungry the most. For me it was the evening and I would try to save some of my calories for than instead of during the day.

Don't feel too bad about the binging. I've been dieting for 136 days and had a carb up nite that totaled over 3100 calories. But I'm back on the wagon and moving forward.

You can do it. Good Luck!!!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I can't diet either... successfully. I mean, I diet and lose weight but then I put it back on + some more.

This is why this time I don't see it as a diet and did not set a time=frame. I lose way slower than other members, but if this is how it has to be to be sustainable... I have time.

I wish I would have done this the right way years ago. All this jo-joing was not good for my health and metabolism. My body knows me very well and doesn't want to let go of the fat. But I will win this time :smile:
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has a binge over once and while. Especially when you're missing carbs. I have a day here and there where binge too. I don't feel guilty about it anymore because I know how hard working. I just move on to the next day and get back on track. Last night, I was super tired. I didn't workout because I knew I wasn't going to be able to give it 100 percent. So instead of working out, I binged a little. Had some my kid's fishsticks, peanut butter crackers. Anyway it was about 2300 calories yesterday. I ate all that food and took a nap. Today...start new and I'm not looking back.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    for some of us binging is part of the journey, and learning what works for us, to reduce the number of binges and amount we eat when we binge will be a long and personal journey

i think its important to see eating what you want (in moderation, and from time to time) as part of the journey not as a failure, I don't want to loose weight then put it all back on again, i'm in the for the long haul, so if I want to bake I'm gonna bake, and eat what i make, but my goal is to be honest with myself, and weight and log those treat calories too - sometimes i'll be over my calorie goal, but I will always aim for +/- 200 cals even when I eat my cake/chocolate/ice crea or beerand will often do a little extra workout to make sure

good luck with your journey