Help - 1 lb heavier after FIRST training session

Options
Hi All. I just started exercising after losing 38.2lbs. It's not a specific routine. I am playing Netball (like basketball) twice a week. I am really sore after my first session on Monday and the scale just went up 1 lb this morning. I am also not really sure how to eat my calories back, so after Monday's session, I ate chocolate to make up my NET calories. Basically, I have 2 questions... Why would my weight go up after one hour of playing sport and how the heck should I eat back calories if I am not that much of an eater to begin with - I know what you're thinking.... I would not need to lose more that 100lbs if I was not a big eater... My problem is insulin resistance, PCOS and one too many drinks at way too many parties! LOL

Please help.

Replies

• lbee0030
    lbee0030 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your weight changing by 1lb before, during or after your workout, after a cup of coffee, first thing when you wake up in the morning, after running a marathon etc **does not matter**

You should be looking to lose weight over a longer period, don't be concerned with what you scales say day-to-day, the long term trend of your weight reducing (i assume your looking to lose weight) is what you should be looking at
  • tryanother
    tryanother Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You mean to say my hysteria is unnecessary? Thank you so much. I have been working really hard to lose weight and 1lb freaks me out! LOL
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    You mean to say my hysteria is unnecessary? Thank you so much. I have been working really hard to lose weight and 1lb freaks me out! LOL

Relax its totally normal :)
    The scale is a sneaky little *kitten*, try and track your changes through photos and measurements.
    I so often saw a up on the scale but a down on measurements, which still means I am losing fat! :smile: